Author Topic: Feeling like I should be shunned...  (Read 6370 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Feeling like I should be shunned...
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 11:56:35 am »
If you ever worked for tips, you would have a different mindset. I always tip! If the service is poor my tip will indicate it.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Ranasp

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 02:02:34 pm »
Agreed on the tips thing, you may want to double check what they're actually earning because it's ridiculously low and without tips they'd starve, especially since as Urufu said, it's split up amongst the other employees. 

As for scent: Birds (with a few exceptions) can't smell even as good as a human does.  (that's why owls are one of the few animals that will hunt and eat skunks)  As for the carbon blocking electromagenetic waves, it would be interesting to see how/if it works!

Offline make-n-break

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 02:54:06 pm »
Waitresses here get $2.13 as well. I'm really tight with my money, but if I'm going out to eat, I plan on a healthy tip. If I don't feel like tipping well, I won't go out :). I've not tipped twice in my life and it was for super extreme rude behavior.

I'm really into the magnetic field thing, but I don't know if I'm buying this magnetic suit stuff ;). Regardless, hoping you get your gobbler!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 08:31:40 am by make-n-break »
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 03:09:41 pm »
 ::) did it come with grounding pads to put into your shoes, and one to sleep on?
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 03:23:56 pm »
May as well grab a cross-gun, range finder and scouting drone while your at it........

I can shun you more, only if you need more :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline phyankord

• like to do work with my hands more than my mind.
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 12:51:35 am »
federal minimum is 7.25, the reason that minimum for waiters/waitresses is because under federal law "The American federal government requires a wage of at least $2.13 per hour be paid to employees that receive at least $30 per month in tips."

also "If wages and tips do not equal the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour during any pay period, the employer is required to increase cash wages to compensate. As of May 2012, the average hourly wage – including tips – for a restaurant employee in the United States that received tip income was $11.82."

ide like to add that where i live  "the minimum wage for wait staff is $9.32, the average wage is $13.25 after gratuity" which honestly does NOT seem that fair compared to other places out there.

so if your waiter friends are not getting the federal minimum wage of 7.25 per hour when they add up their tips, they are entitled to a pay increase.

on topic, i didnt think carbon would be capable of blocking an electric field that the body emits like that, if thats true then THAT is the future of hunting clothing.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:55:40 am by phyankord »

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 10:01:10 am »
What you said ^. My little sister worked at the bbq place and made more then I did on the construction crew at 10 an hour.

But I think if it works it'll be the next great thing for wildlife photography. Could you imagine the kinds of pictures you could get? I've always thought my jeans and t-shirt were good enough. Then I got a ghille and that thing is king for getting you in close on the weary deer and turkey around here. Which, we don't have a lot of and our flocks are small. So when you guys talk about shooting so many at once, kinda unfair cause we have tiny groups of 3 wandering. Biggest group in the area I've found is 100-200 birds. HUGE flock. Only issue is they practically live up at the pig farmers eating all of their "bi-products". But usually seeing a flock of 10 or so in a field is about right.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline phyankord

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 02:30:24 pm »
What you said ^. My little sister worked at the bbq place and made more then I did on the construction crew at 10 an hour.

But I think if it works it'll be the next great thing for wildlife photography. Could you imagine the kinds of pictures you could get? I've always thought my jeans and t-shirt were good enough. Then I got a ghille and that thing is king for getting you in close on the weary deer and turkey around here. Which, we don't have a lot of and our flocks are small. So when you guys talk about shooting so many at once, kinda unfair cause we have tiny groups of 3 wandering. Biggest group in the area I've found is 100-200 birds. HUGE flock. Only issue is they practically live up at the pig farmers eating all of their "bi-products". But usually seeing a flock of 10 or so in a field is about right.

i wonder if it would work for predators. get closeups of lions and bears and stuff.

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2016, 07:25:26 pm »
I'll let you borrow the suit if you let me film you creeping up on a bear.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline sleek

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2016, 07:30:26 pm »
Oh I bet money you can get close. Sneakin out is the trick.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline phyankord

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2016, 11:29:57 pm »
I'll let you borrow the suit if you let me film you creeping up on a bear.

haha. throw in a shotgun just incase and your on xD