Author Topic: Patty's 2016 Camp-O-Rama July 29, 30, 31  (Read 28003 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Patty's 2016 Camp-O-Rama July 29, 30, 31
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2016, 09:00:07 pm »
Pearlie, you don't need to finish at Pat's, you can go on down the big hill and hit our TBOF Fall shoot which is next weekend.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2016, 11:47:39 pm »
So sorry to hear about Tina's Mom. Give Tina a big hug for me. You guys are in my thoughts. There's always next year.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2016, 04:33:24 am »
So sorry to hear that Steve, tell I Tina I will keep her in my thought and prayers. Pat yall have a good time as I know you will, I know Steve and Tina will be missed. :( Looks like you may have some pretty good weather, and Happy Birthday !!!!! You are about like me, kind of hate to see them coming around and they are coming faster all the time. :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2016, 06:01:42 am »
Pat, I won't be able to make it this time either. I was hoping to but my dads birthday is the same time as yours and we're having a party for him Saturday. Take lots of pics and happy birthday to you!! I'll be back next year.

Really sorry to hear about Tina's mom Steve. Thinking about y'all.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2016, 07:43:05 am »
Alan, sorry you won't be here. Will you be at Scheile Museum next weekend? I plan to be there, my first time.

Pappy, they do seem to be coming faster each year...but, what'cha gonna do!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2016, 12:08:11 pm »
Hey Pat, yes I'll be at Schiele on Saturday. Hope to see you there, it's a good event!

Alan

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2016, 12:21:01 pm »
Pearlie, you don't need to finish at Pat's, you can go on down the big hill and hit our TBOF Fall shoot which is next weekend.

Good call Eddie. Ill add that to my list. Id love to just camp across the country and hit any shoot I came across. Meanwhile Id fish every trout stream I found. Talk about Heaven on a bun.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2016, 03:59:54 pm »
You'll need a bigger Fly rod down here. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2016, 11:38:05 am »
Patty's camp-o-rama 2016 is over! We had a small crowd this year; about 8 to 10 folks showed up. One guy, Patrick(don't remember his PA handle) built a bow from scratch to low brace from I think the last Tom B stave I had(locust). Patrick worked his butt off all day Saturday removing bark and sapwood and chasing a ring, laying out and shaping the bow and tillering it out. He has a little heat correcting he still needs to do at home but he should have a nice bow when done.
 Patrick Brennan(Lil Pat) came by Saturday and he and Eric Ward did a little knapping. Other than that we all had fun, like always.
 The food was pretty good but not as good as if Tina(Mrs. Hillbilly) and Steve(Hillbilly)were here(Tina's Mom passed on Friday night or early Saturday). We are so sorry for Tina's loss!
 Randy Rowe was our musical entertainment with the Native American flutes he makes. What a beautiful sound on a clear night.
 A few folks that we were expecting didn't show up but I will see most of them next weekend at the Scheile Museum Knappin in Gastonia NC.
There was only one glitch...no pics! I forgot my camera so unless someone took pics with their phones there were none. Sorry guys. I know how everyone likes pics.  :(

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2016, 08:45:09 pm »
I missed being there Pat, hope to see you at Schiele. I'm really sorry to hear about Tina's mom. No pics? There will be riots in the streets!!  :)

Alan

Offline looper

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2016, 12:47:29 am »
Thanks for being such a great host, Pat. I really enjoyed it. I didn't take any pictures, either. I always seem to forget.

Did Patrick get any further on that locust bow?

Cheney

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2016, 08:06:34 am »
It was great to meet you Cheney and thanks for helping Patrick with the locust bow. Patrick took the bow home to finish it up. He still had some heat straightening to do before going further.

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2016, 08:34:37 pm »
Hi Pat,

I just wanted to let you know I made it home alive and well.  I had a great time and sure did appreciate all the help with the hickory bow and advice on the pouch.  Was fun getting up with Randy and Eric and his youngun and you and everyone else.  I had a great time!  Hope you get your camper soon and get out there on the road...especially with gas at these prices! 

For those who missed this event you really need to make it if it is offered again 'cause these kinds of get togethers are are really special!

Pat, in these days and times it is rare to have someone invite a crowd to stay for a long weekend and be so welcoming as you always are ...awesome.

Safe travels,

Rand
Catahoula
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West