Author Topic: 8th IBO Traditional world@TwinOaks  (Read 11028 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
8th IBO Traditional world@TwinOaks
« on: May 26, 2016, 04:08:43 am »
TwinOaksBowhunters will be hosting the 8th annual IBO Traditional world again this year at or club at 1079 Ashley rd. Chapmansboro, TN.37035. on July 15/16/17 2016. For info and rules/classes/ go to the IBO web site and look under Traditional events or [twinoaksbowhunters.org]. Hope some of yall can make it out, it is a fun event. Along with the IBO Championship we will have a Classic TwinOaks hunter challenge range run separate from the IBO courses with separate awards and some shoot down involved in the top scores sponsored by 3Rivers archery and Lancaster Archery. We also will have a good list of great vendors on hand for all your needs. Hope to see ya in July.cell 615-456-5961.
By the way we do have a lot of selfbows at this event and also have a selfbow shoot off for the top 10 shooters on the Hunter Challenge range on Saturday evening. It is sponsored by Arvin[here on PA] C&D Archery and TwinOaks,very fun event. Love to see a good turnout of selfbow folks. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Re: 8th IBO Traditional world@TwinOaks
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 07:59:42 am »
Gary and I will be there with our selfbows!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 04:43:57 am »
Looking forward to it Matt, I will save yall a bed. ;) I knew yall would be there. Maybe I will get time to shoot this year.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 06:15:24 am »
We will see ya there Pappy Lord willing and the creek don't rise. Looking forward to it. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 06:38:33 am »
Cool, I talked to Calvin , he and Dwayne are also along with you and TwinOaks are sponsoring the self bow shoot down again, looking forward to that. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 08:58:27 am »
Mark
I will be there and shoot selfbow this year to help push our numbers up and set a new Trad World record for #'s of Selfbow shot. I see IBO finally got the Class name cleared up to (Selfbow). Us Tennessee fellers with have a good showing I'm sure!

Smag~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 09:56:59 am »
Cool Smag, yes I would love to see us beat last year, I think we had around 30 selfbows, Arvin can probably remember the number , but pretty darn good for an event like this. I thought it was a good showing and the shoot down was really cool to watch also.  ;) :) Some of them folks were amazed, they didn't know you could shoot a real stick and string like that without FG. ;) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 08:50:29 am »
Yeah I was there for that I saw Paul M. there and the fella from yer farm, his name escapes me? I have to get some decent spined and weighed 5/16, 32" 40-45 shaft for this new Winged Elm selfie. Only tops out at 41@28 so will need a lighter arrow for yer buddy (Levy's) 25yd shots (actually 27yds). ;D

Buck holler was gud, as is Life. Wish I had got there earlier and shot with ya all.

Think You have something for me from the Classic in RU

Smag~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 06:27:09 am »
Pappy I can't remember but there was enough to knock me out of the top ten. >:( course I can't shoot so that don't count much. It was good and I hope this year there is 40 in it. It's a great time no matter how many show. The cream always comes to the top. No matter how many shoot. Can't wait to see the Twin Oaks gang.  Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 04:49:30 am »
Look forward to it Arvin, I am thinking about 30, like you said either way it's fun. I hope to get to shoot this year but we will just have to see, ya Smag Levi's 25 yard shots ;) :) At least the hunter Challenge course will be set the way we like it. :) ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 07:51:59 am »
Yeah,
You'll get him fixed up Purdy gud I hope. I know the course they put in at the Winter Nationals was no walk in the park. Never saw if he was there and put it in but I am guessin that happened.

Just finished my 2016 selfbow and shot it at LBL Sat. Chunks a 525grn arrow nice. Should get some new shafts this week fer it. Gil and I will come over and shoot!

Smag~

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 10:30:46 am »
Would a board bow work for the selfbow shoot? It's kind of the only wood I have access to right now unless I can get my hickory selfbow I made a couple of years ago up to par.

Offline Otis

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 05:08:45 pm »
I'm going to shoot Second Chance and see if I can do better than last year.  Hope you order the cool weather.

David

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2016, 03:49:00 am »
I did Dave  ;) :) hope he was listening  :) John that will work as long as their is no backing. Bring your Hickory next time you come down and we will see if we can get her fixed up. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 05:59:11 am »
We are going to start laying out the courses this weekend, The Hunter Challenge range is going up by the Spirit station for the first time in a long while, that will be really cool especially for a lot of the folks that haven't seen it before. Thanks again for those  that painted it up this year. ;) :)Very special. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good