Author Topic: Elm Hall Shoot  (Read 34182 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Elm Hall Shoot
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2016, 07:48:37 am »
Last few...

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2016, 08:23:49 am »
Nice pics pearl and your right you can't beat them sausage & peppers. I hope somebody got a pic of Nathan shooting his new bow😃
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2016, 08:40:49 am »
Nice pictures Pearl
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline RyanR

« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2016, 03:56:44 pm »
Definitely a very fun and relaxing time. Now back to the grind. It all came and left too quick. It was nice visiting with everyone again. We all ate like kings and spent some time in the bow shop. My daughters bow is about finished and she is waiting impatiently to shoot it.
I can't wait till next years shoot.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2016, 04:12:15 pm »
Sweet! !!

Glad you got some prizes Sticks you ben deserving some things to go your way

thanks for sharing the pics!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2016, 09:33:28 pm »
Another perfect gathering at Elm Hall. Thanks to all the good people that put in the work to make the weekend so nice, you folks do a great job. The friday night brat feed and saturday dinner were both delicious and a fine way to get old and new friends together. Perfect job on the layout of the 3D courses as well, we shot them often over the weekend and enjoyed every round.
 My grandson Nathan got his moneys worth as usual shooting more arrows than I can count, all with his new snakey osage bow that Paul presented to him when we arrived. He's really proud of that bow and I overheard him say to a couple people that 'Paul makes nice bows' as he was showing it off to them. He also was gifted a nice hog target from Ryan and couldn't wait to get it home so he could shoot at it with his dad. And to top it off Pappy gave him a handful of raffle tickets, most of which were drawn and he was thrilled to win a few t-shirts from those.
Not to be out done Sharon entered the raffle for the Pearly made ladies bow and won it. I Think she was every bit as excited as the kid to get that bow and you can't blame her as Chris turned out a beauty of a ladies bow for the raffle table.
Wish I had some pictures of the fun but sadly don't. May be able to move a few from the wife's phone to my camera to post
later if I can figure out how to do that. Anyway its to bad we can't do this more often, always fun times hanging with my friends.

I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2016, 09:46:18 pm »
Fun to see all the pics, guys. Thanks. Woulda been funner to be there!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2016, 07:59:09 am »
Also, guess my luck aint so bad after all. On raffle nite i struck gold not once but thrice. A 6 pack of Bear greenies, an unbelievably beautiful Badly Bent bow and a custom made huntin knife from Pappy.

man, some guys have all the luck!  8)  Awesome, glad ya won - looks like you guys had fun! Hope everyone is doing well!
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2016, 07:49:22 pm »
This is Sharon, Greg's wife.  I had a great time at the shoot this year and was lucky enough to win the bow made by Pearl Drums, which just happened to fit my specs perfectly. We were pleasantly surprised by a visit from Danzin Bar and his wife, Kim, it was wonderful to meet her at last. Just wanted to share a few photos of the event with you.  I look forward to next year.

Sharon
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline bubby

« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2016, 08:19:24 pm »
That bow looks great in your hands Sharon, safety firs on the knapping front and that pic of Nathan and Pauly is fantastic
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2016, 03:44:20 am »
Congrats to both of you, great seeing yall again, fine young man you have . :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2016, 08:34:44 am »
Greta pics pappy, thanks for posting them and taking them. Ol' Nater tater gave Pauly a big hug when he handed that bow over!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Forest_Farmer

• The best things in life are not things,,,,,,!
« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2016, 07:53:13 am »
Great Pics, can't waiting until next year, I'll definitely make it there!
When I stop learning please put me in a box!

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2016, 04:36:38 pm »
That looks a lot like fun being had there. I'll make it soon. Probably with the rest of us Missouri fellas. Thanks for all the pics so we get pretend like we were there.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley