Author Topic: Elm Hall Shoot  (Read 34321 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Elm Hall Shoot
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 07:42:50 am »
Time to retire David! Cant wait to see you fellers.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 10:00:45 am »
i'll be there Thursday and Friday for sure, still workin on my boss to let me off sat and sun
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 03:17:35 pm »
Ill talk to that boss of yours and get it taken care of.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 09:36:20 pm »
He might force me to call in suck for 2 daze... cough,cough.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Otis

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 12:22:15 am »
Pearlie, I'm under two years till retirement.  Looking forward to it for sure.  We've got our Traditional Nationals this weekend at Cloverdale.  Then the IBO next month at Pappy's then up north to Elm Hall.  Like them all just some better than others.

David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2016, 07:20:47 pm »
I'm looking at plane tickets. Trying my damned-est to make it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2016, 07:55:45 pm »
Rylie and I were talking about paying surprise visit.
But today got notes from my kids that they are all flying/driving in from around the country to visit and celebrate the old man's birthday .... which happens to occur during Elm Hall.
Soooooo, we'll try for next year!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Otis

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2016, 10:53:53 pm »
Eddie, if it's cheaper to fly to Indianapolis do that and I'll get you from the airport and head north.  Just an option.  You'll have a great time.  I'll call you tomorrow while I'm at the shoot.  Camp grounds are filling up.  Hope we have a good turn out.  Gonna be hot here. Got home about and hour ago and the wife said weatherman predicting 95 degrees Saturday.  This fat guy don't like that.

David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2016, 07:09:53 am »
If you're coming gator hunting down here better get used to it, it will feel like that at night.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2016, 07:13:53 am »
Yep, that ant no lie Eddie. ;) :) Hope it works out so you can make it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2016, 07:33:44 am »
Eddie that would be too cool if you could make it. You would feel right at home in the high heat, humidity and monster skeeters. Plus, half of PA is there :)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2016, 08:59:01 am »
I don't think I'll be able to make it to shoot. I think that's gonna be fair week and have son and granddaughter's 4-H animals there. It is also right about time our wheat harvest happens, but if I can get a chance I'd love to come early meet Pappy and crew maybe help set some stuff up. Pearl if I bought tickets for raffle and won a bow could you hold it for me than Marshall 2017? Or maybe I'd meet up with you before that. I could probably take a road trip this winter and meet you.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2016, 09:03:32 am »
I can do that BJ. No problem. Cant promise I wont shoot it between then and Marshall 2017 :)

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2016, 09:39:11 am »
Rylie and I were talking about paying surprise visit.
But today got notes from my kids that they are all flying/driving in from around the country to visit and celebrate the old man's birthday .... which happens to occur during Elm Hall.
Soooooo, we'll try for next year!

Does this mean that poor Rylie is going to miss Elm Hall just because her driver is otherwise engaged???

OneBow

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2016, 09:39:18 am »
Please post raffle ticket prices when their decided on. In the event I get a winner, we can figure out the logistics.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857