Author Topic: Elm Hall Shoot  (Read 34392 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Elm Hall Shoot
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2016, 07:54:32 am »
Another great shoot come and gone. Like Pauly said, it takes forever to get here and is over in a flash. Great time and great people.

Bill and his bride about blew me away. I looked up and seen him and it didn't register that he was not "supposed" to be there! Start calling him Magic  Man instead of Danzn Bar.

I have a few pics to process and post tonite when I get home.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2016, 08:25:49 am »
Great time as usual, hard to beat the fellowship we have while there. I will have a few pictures posted on Life is Good in a few days when I get caught up here at work. Good seeing all my old friends and meet a few new ones. Love it. Thanks to all that helped put it together. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2016, 08:31:25 am »
What a great shoot in Elm Hall at the Pine River Recreation Club.  It comes and goes way too fast.  Love that place.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Rocky

« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2016, 08:36:03 am »
Thanks so much to everyone that attended. You are all greatly appreciated!

Rocky

JacksonCash

« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2016, 12:35:02 pm »
Really sad I missed this- on top of work keeping me home during the week, little Henry came down with an ear infection Friday, so I wasn't able to break away this weekend.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2016, 02:58:13 pm »
Little man would have over-heated this weekend, J-Syn. It was steamy Thursday and Friday. Saturday was gorgeous.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Otis

« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2016, 04:42:26 pm »
Thanks to the crew at Pine River.  A great weekend for sure.  Good to see old friends and make new ones as Pappy and Pearlie said.  The picking in camp that Beau, Mike and Jimmy did was better than any concert you'd pay to see in my opinion.  Just a great time.  Shot a bunch for sure.

David

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2016, 08:44:40 pm »
Thanx to all at Elm Hall for a great event. Everything was top shelf. Thanx to Pearlie, Paul and Ryan. You guys are too much fun. Finally met Pappy, great guy. Shot the course with PNewton and Nakedfeet. Camped next to and hung out with bowmo and griz. Greg and Mrs. Badly Bent and big Nate, coolest kid ever. Dancin Bar and his lovely wife showed up. Gotta say these are some of the best folks i've ever had the pleasure of meeting.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2016, 08:48:34 pm »
Also, guess my luck aint so bad after all. On raffle nite i struck gold not once but thrice. A 6 pack of Bear greenies, an unbelievably beautiful Badly Bent bow and a custom made huntin knife from Pappy.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2016, 08:53:47 pm »
Lucky
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bubby

« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2016, 10:21:53 pm »
Lucky dog😉
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2016, 10:29:38 pm »
That's great Stixnstones I forgot about the building bows for Elm Hall thread I wanted to get some tickets, oh well glad it was a success sure wish I could have been there
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2016, 12:50:39 am »
Ok,  so now this event has to make it on my calendar!
I just got to convince the wife.  You know it's only 3 weeks after mojam and I can't miss that.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2016, 07:46:07 am »
I took only a handful of pics.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2016, 07:47:48 am »
We ate like kings. Paulys sausage and peppers are always a winner. My bro-in-law Paul brought a pot of the best chili Ive ate since the last time he made chili :) Stuff was amazing.