Author Topic: Another Gathering under the Ash Tree Shade… (Sept 9-11, 2016)  (Read 27914 times)

Offline Onebowonder

We are planning a gathering to build bows under the Ash tree shade in my side yard.  The Dates will be September 9th -11th, kinda…  Our plan at this point is to:
1] Build bows Friday afternoon and evening,
2] Do a little couch camping, get up early to spend Saturday building bows again,
3] Followed by a bit more couch camping.
4] and then . . .  getting up extra early to trek up to Three Trails Traditional Archery Fall Shoot on Sunday in Pleasant Hill, MO. 
They call it their Hunting Season Warm-Up Shoot.  The cost for the shoot is $15 each and all the details are available at the website for the Three Trails Club. (http://www.threetrailsarchery.com/events)
My home doesn’t really have much of a place for shooting our bows other than the little practice/test range in my backyard, so we thought we’d pair up with the Three Trails guys to get a shooting event into the gathering.
If you can make the gathering, but don’t feel up to doing the trek north for the shoot, that’s fine.  Please come on and join us under the Ash trees.  On the other hand, if you don’t feel like you can make it to the gathering, but would like to come shoot with us at Three Trails, we’d be proud to have you join us for that as well!
We’ll plan to have some smoked meats from the smoker barrel on Friday evening and Saturday.  Bring your favorite beverages and whatever add-to-its you’d like to share for the meals.  We’ll have to figure out some kind of way to stay hydrated and nourished up at the shoot in Pleasant Hill, MO.
As far as those that need a place to sleep over, my house has a couple spare bedrooms and a bunch of comfy couches that are normally empty, (as long as I behave well!).  Patrick has a couple of the same that he’ll generally be happy to share as well, so please don’t rent a hotel/motel room unless you just want to support the local Springfield economy.

OneBow

Here's a random pic from last year's gathering... ;)  :o >:( ;D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 03:59:10 pm by Onebowonder »

Offline Dvshunter

Re: Another Gathering under the Ash Tree Shade… (Sept 9-11, 2016)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 04:05:30 pm »
We should get a collage of mikes pics like that. Lol
I'll do my best to make it there but I'll be primed and ready to leave for Colorado on the 15th. So I don't know.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 05:39:48 pm »
Ughhhhh, ya promised to destroy that pic!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 05:43:28 pm »
I'll do my best to make it there but I'll be primed and ready to leave for Colorado on the 15th. So I don't know.

What could be better than ya getting lotsa last minute advice and a 3D shoot to do the fine tuning of your accuracy!  We'll let you shoot from compound stakes!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 08:01:59 pm »
I'll be there for sure! Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
I have a couple of spare rooms at my place If needed.
Mike,  you always get the short end of the stick!  >:D

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 08:42:23 pm »
Actually, I've forgotten which one that was. But Jon knows chapter 'n' verse since he keeps written record of all of 'em.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 08:43:11 pm »
I'm planning to be there!

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 08:55:49 pm »
I'll be there for sure! Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
I have a couple of spare rooms at my place If needed.
Mike,  you always get the short end of the stick!  >:D

Patrick

I got no room to talk  :-[ but...
It looks like he got both short ends of that stick.  ;)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 09:09:15 pm »
I don't remember either Mike.  But I'm sure you were only there about 5 minutes.  :laugh:

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline J05H

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 10:11:19 pm »
As of now, unless something changes, I plan to be there in springfield. Not sure about the shoot yet. I'll have to wait and see.
If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline sleek

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 10:18:57 pm »
Being as i just got promoted to unemployed maybe i can make it too...
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 08:11:12 am »
Being as i just got promoted to unemployed maybe i can make it too...

Dang Sleek!  Talk about good news mixed with bad!  I hope something better works out for you soon.  Nothing sucks worse than having a job you don't like, ...other than NOT having a job at all!  Good luck sir...

OneBow

Offline sleek

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 11:35:52 am »
I fit both categories. And a third. I was a dumbass and went and got good at something i dont enjoy. I need a career field change.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 12:19:42 pm »
Sweet!   I don't think I would be able to make to down to Springfield, but I'm sure I would be able to make it to pleasant hill.   Thanks, and I hope to see the Missouri self bow chapter there!

Offline JonW

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 12:45:15 pm »
I HAVE to be there to record all instances of wood fiber abuse. I think I have enough material for publication from Mike alone >:D