Author Topic: PA Magazine  (Read 9682 times)

Offline Trapper Rob

Re: PA Magazine
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 09:34:44 pm »
First thing I say when I get in from the barn did you get the mail & she says your magazine didn't come yet today. :'(

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 09:45:11 pm »
Didn't get mine yet, they had my address wrong last edition had to call for it, so id like to know when everybody gets theirs
bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 05:46:42 pm »
Mine made it into the swamp today
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 07:38:01 pm »
Mine came in today but I haven't started reading it yet.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 08:46:56 pm »
Came in from the barn & there it was laying on the table the wife looked at me & said are you happy now. :)

Offline Oglala Bowyer

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2016, 08:48:50 pm »
I got mine yesterday. Funny, my wife said the same thing "No! Your magazine didn't come in today."  In fact, I received two copies. I'm not complaining though, one for each bathroom. Life is good!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2016, 09:18:41 pm »
Just got in from picking and husking 600 lbs of sweet corn for freezing,it's so much better than from the store. Wife said mine came today👍
Bjrogg
PS love this time of year. Been picking up (6) 5 gal buckets of apples for either wildlife or applesauce every day. The Bucks look so nice in their velvet.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2016, 09:53:15 pm »
Mine came today, also Muzzleloader and Backwoodsman.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2016, 07:41:30 am »
Got mine yesterday. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2016, 07:53:50 am »
Got mine to, and the first thing I run into is Mike's political stance. Real nice, Mike. Not what I pay for.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2016, 10:54:48 am »
I agree Pearlie. PA has always been a haven from such opinions.That is why it has been successful for so many years.
 We, the Administrators, Moderators and Members of the Primitive Archer Message Board have worked long and hard to keep politics, religion and divisive language off of the message board so we can get to the business at hand; passing on the wood bow, primitive archery and primitive technology knowledge and because of that dedication we have built a membership of folks from all walks of life, many religions, many beliefs and from many nations around the world. We are a global community and if I may say, a global family.
  Mike, you definitely has the right to believe whatever you wants as we all do but this editorial published by you in Primitive Archer Magazine is unwelcome(by me) and unnecessary and divisive in my opinion. There are plenty of online forums that would welcome and encourage your opinion and plenty of online forums that would love to argue with you about your beliefs but in my opinion neither Primitive Archer Magazine or the PA Message Board Forum are the outlet for this.
 I have been a subscriber to Primitive Archer Magazine since before the magazine first came out and still have every issue ever sent to me. Back then, as soon as I saw an ad in Traditional Bowhunter Magazine for a new magazine called Primitive Archer I mailed them a check for my first 1 year subscription. I had no idea what to expect but I knew I wanted to be part of it and here I am, almost 25 years later still reading and enjoying the magazine for what it has always been. I have been a member of the message board forum since I got my first computer.  I felt privileged to be asked to be a moderator on the Massage Board and later an Administrator and I, along with the other Admins and Mods have done our best to help keep PA at the top, to keep the Message Board on track. There have been articles in the magazine I disagreed with or that were not of interest to me but that never swayed my interest in the magazine or my dedication to the Message Board. I have probably posted more on this message board than anyone else. I don't know if that is good or bad but it is what it is.
 I have cast my educated vote in every major US, State and local election(and most others) since I came of age back in 1968 when I was a junior in high school. I consider it not only my duty as a citizen of the United States of America but also a privilege. In my opinion the United States of America has always been a GREAT country, no matter who was in charge. Just because my candidate may not have been elected doesn't mean our country became less great. As a matter of fact the US is Great because of it; because of our diversity, our differences and our individualism.
 So Mike, lets keep Primitive Archer Magazine as it was set up to be; a vehicle for the primitive minded folks to spread their knowledge, for the primitive technology it supports and the Passing On of this knowledge to the next generation of primitive archers. In this GREAT country of ours your words are as important as any other American's but in my opinion, Primitive Archer Magazine is not the vehicle for divisive political opinions.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2016, 11:07:32 am »
Thanks Pat... Im glad you posted before me because I've been holding back due to my poor choice of words. Very uncalled for Mike and i hope it doesn't continue

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2016, 03:35:02 pm »
I agree with everything Mike said, but was really suprised to see it in the Magazine. I thought I had picked up my Magazine from the NRA.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2016, 07:01:19 pm »
Got mine to, and the first thing I run into is Mike's political stance. Real nice, Mike. Not what I pay for.

I hope Mike reconsiders the idea of using this magazine as his soap box.  I subscribe for the discussion on primitive archery, like PD says, politics in the magazine is not what I pay for.  My next subscription is on hold in the meanwhile.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2016, 08:39:15 pm »
I must have forgot to renew...
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...