Author Topic: Killin time  (Read 26845 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Killin time
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2008, 10:06:08 pm »
 Paul, You are good! I've got to make me a paper weight like that for my desk.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2008, 10:20:59 pm »
Thanks Marc - can't wait to see some of your points :).
 Gracias Eddie: I'm gonna be trying some more of those and I ain't stingy ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2008, 10:35:22 pm »
Paul, you are an ARTIST!!!  :o
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cowboy

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2008, 10:55:48 pm »
Thanks David! Get you some good heavy copper boppers and you'll be making weird stuff in no time flat ;D. Oh, and a coupe hundred pounds of flint comes in handy too :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2008, 01:48:01 am »
While your pickin up some wood in OK do you think you can look arround for some hedge apples? I'm going to be growing a lot of Ossage on my property here in WA. I think it will make great hedge rows and lots of nice bow wood in the future!

David T.

PS: Sorry, forgot the box this morning but will get it off tomarrow. Got some nice brown, lace, and rainbow obsidian all ready for ya!

“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cowboy

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2008, 12:49:21 pm »
David: The apples all fell in the fall - I haven't seen any whole ones around in awhile. If I do though, I'll load up a bucket...

Offline david w.

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2008, 02:34:14 pm »
cool points. :)  i have thought about throwing stars but didnt know if it was possible
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2008, 10:26:05 pm »
David ....if I can get off a Day....and get back to my Deer Lease....right down the Road from Me is a Hedge Row....and it was full of Horse Apples still....they didn't look so good....but you want them for is seed anyways....so if you don't hear back from me in two weeks or so....that means they weren't worth a Crap.... if they are still good.....do you want me to send you some.....let me know OK??
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Dingleberry

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2008, 08:02:21 pm »
Dang your good.  That paper weight is very nice!  Thanks for sharing. :)

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2008, 08:11:50 pm »
You rock brother....... No pun intended... ;D great looging stuff .. the flakes are long and tight .. VERY NICE ! Mike A/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline cowboy

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2008, 09:38:37 pm »
Thanks Dingleberry/ Hawk! Guess it's obvious who has lots of free time on their hands ::).

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2008, 10:12:52 pm »
Cowboy, where do you get all the flint ? is it growing wild down there or do you go someplace to get it ? we don't have much around here... from the looks of things you don't need much free time to knap out a point bro... you seem to have it down to a art... you done the ancients proud ;D  Hawk...a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline cowboy

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2008, 10:36:58 pm »
Mike: I get most of my flint just SW of San Antonio, it actually is kinda wild :). It's farmland and just looks like a feild of plowed up potatoes - dissapears over the horizon (depending on far down the hill you are :D).

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2008, 02:18:24 am »
Mike, you would be even more impressed if you tried to knapp some of the stuff that Paul works on. Hardest, toughest, nastiest most awnery rock I have ever had the misfortune to cross yet! Of course I have not heat treated it yet! Sledge hammers are suggested for the small stuff, in my humble opinion!  ;D

Paul, did mention it works better with a little heat!   >:D

David T