Author Topic: Christmas Trade Pics.  (Read 88855 times)

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Christmas Trade Pics.
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2016, 04:03:54 am »
TimothyR hope someone post a real nice picture want to see those happy little trees in your happy little world. Allways watched Bob Ross with my mom she pasted almost 12 years ago. Still remember watching him with her. Loved how he'd have what looked like a finished painting then paint a big old tree trunk almost in the middle of it. Maybe there's a happy little primitive archer after a happy big buck in your happy little world.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2016, 01:09:12 pm »
Well, thanks to a great community, I did get into the exchange this year due to a glitch in one man's health. Wishing him the best in his recovery, I know he is upset to no longer be in the exchange. Get well soon.

As for what I make for most exchanges, you'll probably get a set of arrows. That's what I make best and that's what I like to make. I always figure we all shoot arrows on this forum. Right? I did make a set once  that I saw put into the Classic auction. They had pink fletching, the girl who got them loved them tho.  :o Pink has become way more popular since then.

As for me, not expecting a bow, but 40-50# at 26" and right handed are my stats, and I don't mind a lighter bow for playing around with or for my family. Anything else is great too. Hand-made is why I always loved this exchange. I like stuff I can use and or use to make other stuff I like to use. I'm not really a bow maker tho.

You all have a gooder, dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline uwe

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2016, 01:55:02 pm »
I have some leather and lots of white and other coloured seedbeads, which need to be placed onto the leather. Hope the time will be enough...
I like native american crafts, short bows, shoe size 8,5 (think its german 43), Diddley Bows and native music instruments. But its okay to find something nice crafted under the Christmas tree.
Regards
Uwe

Offline Stoker

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2016, 05:38:55 pm »
Cool with anything.. It's all good
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2016, 01:36:48 pm »
I was thinking about sending the person something that had to drop out because of health problems then JoJo sent me a PM about it also if anybody else wants to do the same PM me & I'll give you the address. Like JoJo said it is the season.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2016, 09:32:38 pm »
So what's everybody been working on?

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2016, 12:58:29 am »
Trying to decide on wood or micarta.  Damascus or regular.  How big are standard ram rods?
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Swamp Thang

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2016, 08:15:48 am »
So what's everybody been working on?

Well this weekend I'm going to try my hand at knapping a couple of knives from a beautiful green glass I have and using a piece of red cedar for the handles wish me luck.

Another gift for someone just cause will be a bow for giggin

Also someone may get a drill kit and tender

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2016, 09:30:25 am »
Still trying to get my thoughts together.  ???  :-\
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:01:24 pm by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2016, 09:37:07 am »
I am just finishing up a now for a silent auction/benefit for a friend with brain cancer.  I should be done with that bow this weekend.  As soon as I finish that, i will start working on my Christmas trade project.  For the Christmas trade project I do have a piece of ironwood with the tips flipped waiting to be tillerred.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2016, 10:04:52 am »
I got a plan and a little preliminary work done at least I Think I know what I'm going to make. I just finish a curvy HHB bow for a silent auction for a friend with brain cancer to swampman. Darn that stuff I sure hope they both bring enough $$ to help those there intended too. I'm really happy with how mine turned out. I put a lot into it, it's my best and it's a special bow. Right now I'm sitting behind a pile of stumps with bow in hand
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2016, 10:09:57 am »
Gracious and worthy project you did there bjrogg and Swampman.
I got a project in mind out of some brain tan.Can't say it's use yet but that'll come.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2016, 10:12:50 am »
Any rule about sending old new items? It would be very tasteful if I did as such. I have few things that I know my guy would love. They have been laying around a few years in new condition and I doubt I would ever use any of them, but he would for certain :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2016, 10:30:55 am »
I've thought that same question myself here.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Stringman

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2016, 01:04:21 pm »
I can think of a couple situation where that would bring a lot of joy Chris. Are we talking things you've made in the past?