Author Topic: Christmas Trade Pics.  (Read 88847 times)

Offline PaulN/KS

Re: Christmas Trade Pics.
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2016, 01:33:04 pm »
I'm half way there on a neck knife and sheath for the fellow that I drew.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2016, 08:36:08 pm »
Yes Scott, nothing store bought. I make alot of "stuff" other than bows.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline looper

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2016, 08:56:56 pm »
I've got a few ideas floating around, but my guy hasn't posted anything about his preferences. Since I haven't either, I'd appreciate anything, but I sure do like nice staves and knives and arrow shafts and quivers and haversacks and, well, anything, really.

Offline bubby

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2016, 12:18:16 am »
Shouldn't matter if it's been around a while pearlie
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2016, 02:49:11 am »
I've been making shavings... also gonna give my victim a couple of staves (yew and ocean spray) and a few dozen local shafts. Some other odds to throw in as well. as for wishes haha I'm into anything handmade or raw materials that are hard to get here.  Like sinew, turkey feathers, shoot shafts that don't grow around here (sour wood, cane), snake skins, anything really. I'm easy to please. Cheers- Brendan

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2016, 09:26:20 am »
Thanks bub. I wouldn't send any junk out, that's for certain. I just wasn't sure if it had to have that new car smell, or not.

I haven't said much about preferences. I like everything. I do a lot of spin fishing, fly fishing, back packing, bow hunting, kayaking, camping, muzzle load hunting, build bows, build arrows, do leather work, playing my drums and I love football and baseball at all levels. About the only thing I don't do is smack rocks together.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Tower

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2016, 09:38:34 am »
I'm wide open to anything.
I've been working on something a lil special for my recipient.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2016, 11:32:28 am »
 I would love anything from my giftee, I fish and hunt and am thinking my flintknapping days are soon over. My hands hurt to much from it. So I am open to just about anything. Looking forward to it this year again.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2016, 12:06:11 pm »
Well heck I'm up for about anything too.I stated my draw length and weight on bows.50 to 55#'s @ 28".I'm into anything but cracking rocks yet.Got plenty of stone points though.Even a really nice stone knife thanks to Stringman.Different types of good bowwood to work on that are'nt around here always interest me.
Locally here in the midwest it's osage,hickory,black cherry,black locust,ironwood,hackberry,red elm,honey locust,and black walnut mostly.Lots of seasoned and ready dogwood shafts/some hazel too here locally.Lots and lots of natural turkey feathers.All right hand though.Local woodsmith store can supply me with ipe and most all other exotics.Something that's useful shooting a bow or accoutraments about sums it up but wide open really.
Got plenty of skins/hair on and braintan/snakes too.Plenty of horn.Mostly black.Except those nice multi colored type cow horn tips.They are nice.
My recipient will get something from the supply of goods stated.I'm still thinking something out of brain tan to make at the moment,but that could change at any time since I like to make things I can use it'll be functional for sure.I have not seen anything but a bow requirement from my recipient.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2016, 12:19:31 pm »
I have not seen any requirements from my recipient yet though.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Swamp Thang

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2016, 01:45:33 pm »
Me I'm just glad to be a part of this if it's a bow 50 to 70#'s @28 to 25"
If not then whatever I get I would like a handwritten note telling me a little about it and yourself.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2016, 01:55:15 pm »
A lot of good ideas going on.
I'm good on anything I'm easy to please.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 02:03:57 pm by Trapper Rob »

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2016, 03:04:32 pm »
Hmm well like a lot of you have said I'd like pretty much anything, but if I was going to narrow it down a bit I'd say I'd rather something you've made over materials,  I've signed up for the 1st hardcore hog hunt so something to take along to that would be great (this'll be my first hunting trip).
Trevor

Offline country

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2016, 11:48:41 pm »
Anything is good here .. I got a piece of steel that knife in it somewhere :)

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2016, 10:12:32 pm »
I did some forge work this week I've got one or two more things to do in the forge for the trade.