Author Topic: Christmas Trade Pics.  (Read 89683 times)

Offline Swamp Thang

Re: Christmas Trade Pics.
« Reply #375 on: December 29, 2016, 07:12:54 am »
Here is what I've been working on got to fill it up with goodies but the container is done.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:14:17 am by Swamp Thang »

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #376 on: December 29, 2016, 08:51:28 am »
Very cool.Nice work.That's to hold something valuable in for sure.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #377 on: December 29, 2016, 09:23:45 am »
That's very unique, nice workmanship I can think of a few things I'd store in there.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #378 on: December 29, 2016, 09:46:12 am »
That's just to cool. Make a nice eye glasses case for the truck!

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #379 on: December 29, 2016, 01:27:46 pm »
Neat boo box.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline looper

« Reply #380 on: December 29, 2016, 06:22:32 pm »
I got a package in the mail today from bjrogg. It included a mink quiver, a knapped glass knife, and 3 red osier arrows. Oh, and some homemade jerky. Two of the arrows have some beautiful knapped obsidian heads.  They look fantastic, and I'm going to do my best to put one of these arrows into a hog. Thanks, Brian. The whole package is truly a great gift.

I'll take some good pictures tomorrow.

I've got some finishing touches to do on my gift. I decided to make some improvements over my initial design, and I decided to add a couple of more useful items.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #381 on: December 29, 2016, 06:51:22 pm »
I so glad you got them and I sure hope the arrows shoot good for you. You should be able to match the practice tip to a bow and the stone tips should shoot close to the same as I can make them. It would be so cool if you harvested a hog with one of your stone point arrows. 
 Bjrogg

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #382 on: December 30, 2016, 10:37:56 pm »
Mine should be at it's new home by Wed.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #383 on: December 31, 2016, 03:10:15 pm »
Well...It's gonna be a Happier New Year!!!Just had the USPS Santa Claus arrive on the yard with a multiple gift package.Man!A uniquely constructed type harness leather possibles bag with a braided type strap of para chord with nickel plated snaps on it for attaching it to the side rings on the bag....and....a tin from his wife of home made chocolate bourbon balls I've got to hide from my girlfriend & her dogs...LOL...and...a wooden ink pen with copper plated furniture on it.All very nice! Thank you Trevor!
PS...A christmas card with a duck on it wrapped in christmas lights saying all dressed up for the holidays!
BowEd
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #384 on: December 31, 2016, 03:18:23 pm »
That looks really nice Ed. I haven't been home yet today don't know if I got anything yet or not. Guess if I don't get one today I'll have to get one next year.lol. They say good things come to those who wait so I'm sure something nice is coming. Happy New Year everyone.
Bjrogg

Offline Swamp Thang

« Reply #385 on: December 31, 2016, 08:28:08 pm »
I'm sorry i haven't sent mine if your one of the ones waiting I'll try my best to make it worth it. Trying to close on our home haven't had much time but I'm looking to complete it this weekend and sent it out.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #386 on: December 31, 2016, 09:51:21 pm »
That looks really nice Ed. I haven't been home yet today don't know if I got anything yet or not. Guess if I don't get one today I'll have to get one next year.lol. They say good things come to those who wait so I'm sure something nice is coming. Happy New Year everyone.
Bjrogg

+1 and I'm with bjrogg it will be next year before I get mine😆😆

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #387 on: January 01, 2017, 01:16:09 pm »
I spent most of the day yesterday working on my gift. I have one or two small bits to add, but it will go out in the next day or two.

Offline TrevorM

« Reply #388 on: January 01, 2017, 04:46:58 pm »
Glad you liked it all Ed! Sorry to send you a bag when that's what you sent out, but if already started it when I saw your pics 😀 The pens rose wood with a wax finish, and the bags molded goat leather. The bag actually broke the mold literally which is why it's a bit more creased in the corners than it should be.
Trevor

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #389 on: January 01, 2017, 09:42:14 pm »
Trevor....So you sewed this bag onto a mold of sort?Cool.I've never done that before.Do you dampen it before or something and let it dry so it holds the shape better?It feels like good tough leather.
BowEd
Ed