Author Topic: Marshall shoot trade blanket suggestion  (Read 32840 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Marshall shoot trade blanket suggestion
« on: September 18, 2016, 07:15:50 pm »
I just attended a small trad shoot where they have do a different style of trade blanket.  The trade involved about 16 guys.  They all sit in a circle around a blanket (tarp).  One guy starts it off by laying an item or two on the blanket up for trade.  Everyone takes turns laying down what they would offer for his item or you can pass on the trade.  Once it gets back to the guy who laid down the original item he can look at all the offers and choose which one he wants to make a trade for.  He can also decide to pull his item and no trade is made.  It's a very organized and entertaining way of doing a trade blanket.  I think it took us an hour and a half to complete it.  There was a lot of teasing and joking among the guys.  It's really a fun time.  Some people brought lots of little stuff to trade and other people brought larger items like bows and guns.  They don't limit the items to hunting stuff.  There were tools, meat grinders, camo clothing, fishing stuff, and all different kinds of goodies.  If you trade for an item you can turn around and trade it for something else.  One guy officiates the trade to keep it running smoothly.   

Would you guys want to give this a try at Marshall next year?  I think the crowd we have would be a good size to do this kind of trade.  We have plenty of time to start gathering up items or making stuff to trade.  I bet we all have some hunting stuff and bow supplies that we probably won't ever use.  Maybe you could trade it to someone else who might need it.  Let me know what you guys think.   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Badly Bent

Re: Marshall shoot trade blanket suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 07:43:54 pm »
I like that idea Clint sounds like fun, I'd be up for that format at Marshall.
By the way were you able to to trade for another pearly bow at your shoot this weekend? ;)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 08:03:00 pm »
I tried Greg but the deal fell through.  The guy wanted 2 finger tabs and a bow string for it.  That seemed like a steep price   ;D     

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 08:20:26 pm »
Clint , I think you have something cool here.................
I have seen this trade blanket @ Scottsburg done for several years....it gets better year after year....It is more of a primitive type of trade blanket.... something you would have seen in the early 1800's.  as the trade goes, everyone has a chance to see everyone's trade items and trade for them.  It is really neat if everyone is patient enough to see what everyone has to trade.  It is a much better format than the "flea market" experience......

Clint, I'll be glad to help coordinate the Trade blanket @ Marshall next year if the club is OK with it.......

I think once the participants understand the game they will really enjoy it......
What is one mans treasure is another mans stuff......it really works.....
DBar 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 09:24:17 pm »
I suggested this at Twin Oaks one year, as, this is how we do it at shoots in Florida. We used to do it after the shoot on Saturday night around the fire.A lot of funand beverages passed around.

Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 07:50:56 am »
Better watch your mouth Homer, my bows are easily worth two worn out LH finger tabs and a semi-new 16 strand B50 string.

You know I'm game for this style blanket. An early warning like this gives us plenty of time to collect wares.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 01:08:28 pm »
I tried Greg but the deal fell through.  The guy wanted 2 finger tabs and a bow string for it.  That seemed like a steep price   ;D     

Now that's funny, Clintster!

Hey, sounds like a great idea.  Count me in.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

JacksonCash

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 03:42:09 pm »
I like that idea.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 06:49:32 pm »
I'll go through my camo to see what I don't use.  I want to make a knife and maybe some other stuff to bring. 

Offline PNewton

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 08:11:03 pm »
Sounds like a good idea. I like how you descibed it in your other post.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 12:36:19 pm »
Just who do you think is going to fit into chubby elf camo?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Stringman

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 02:34:47 pm »
True, not exactly "one size fits all" stuff there bud.  >:D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 03:14:32 pm »
Maybe we could sew the pants and shirt together to get some 34" inseams, Scott?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 03:32:22 pm »
Not all of the camo was mine.  I probably have something that will fit you Pearly.  It won't be a hat though. I don't have any size 9 hats.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 05:38:26 pm »
Not all of the camo was mine.  I probably have something that will fit you Pearly.  It won't be a hat though. I don't have any size 9 hats.
Ouch........
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking