Author Topic: Marshall shoot trade blanket suggestion  (Read 32889 times)

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Marshall shoot trade blanket suggestion
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2017, 04:15:09 pm »
I think we're gonna have to plan on more time for the next one. I think it's going to be pretty popular, better than Chinese Christmas Exchange. Probably be some funny stuff in there to.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline ksnow

« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2017, 09:29:23 pm »
I agree BJ, next year will probably see many more participants and many nice goods. I am already planning what to bring.
Kyle

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2017, 09:39:28 am »
Here's some stuff that I got in trade and the Badly Bent bow I won in raffle. Lots of good stuff
Bjrogg

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2017, 09:59:23 am »
Now that I know better how it works, Ill be loaded up next year. I felt like a fool with nothing but an old target bow to offer. I did end up with two lifetime supplies of nocks :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2017, 12:43:34 pm »
Glad the Clintster stuck with this idea and made it come off. It'll be great addition to Marshall's event schedule.

Speaking of schedule, may need better way to communicate/promote event schedule.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2017, 01:10:21 pm »
Glad the Clintster stuck with this idea and made it come off. It'll be great addition to Marshall's event schedule.

Speaking of schedule, may need better way to communicate/promote event schedule.
I kinda agree with you there knoll. I like the lose schedule and not feeling required to do something all the time but I was really bummed I missed the mini bows last year and I don't think we even did the bear accross the pond this year. It still was a blast though.
Bjrogg

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2017, 02:06:30 pm »
Lets keep the trade blanket on Friday evening next year.  There's to much going on during the day on Saturday.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2017, 02:19:24 pm »
If you guys can remind me, I will make a few down and dirty poster board signs to hang in the pavilion. Maybe one up at the registration table as well.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2017, 02:40:00 pm »
If you guys can remind me, I will make a few down and dirty poster board signs to hang in the pavilion. Maybe one up at the registration table as well.

YES! And one for back at "camp".
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2017, 02:41:40 pm »
If you guys can remind me, . . .

Maybe put it in your phone's calendar?

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2017, 02:54:12 pm »
We are going to keep this trad event on the schedule for Fri nights and  we are putting together a whole new schedule as normally we would have done our first go at the bear during this time slot
We will definitely have a bear across the pond shoot right after dinner Saturday night  till to dark to hunt arrows and another slot as well but that's about all I will reveal for now
We were going to do posters but nobody keeps track of what time it is anyway so we didn't but have to for all we have planed for next year
I think we came up with setting y'all we be excited about during a bit of a planning gathering  Sunday and even gave one of the ideas a trial run afterwards
Be ready to roll next year for the 25th anniversary 
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2017, 03:04:00 pm »
Nina's sales team let everyone on the property know about the lemonade for sale.  Maybe we should put her in charge of reminding everyone when an event is about to take place. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2017, 03:13:57 pm »
Nina's sales team let everyone on the property know about the lemonade for sale.  Maybe we should put her in charge of reminding everyone when an event is about to take place.

Way to harness the power of free enterprise and youth!  ...and an exceptionally high degree of cuteness as well.  -OneBow

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2017, 03:21:27 pm »
That's a great idea Clint those kids got the word out faster than the web.
Bjrogg

Offline Red Arrow

« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2017, 04:38:02 pm »
Sort I missed it. This is my first year involved in any of the Trad Archery forums and it's been difficult to arrainge these trips into my schedule. Next year will definitely be different though.

As for the trade blanket, we do them this way at all the Pow Wows and it works great. I look forward to next years'.
Runnin' the Ridge
Racin' the Wind

Red Arrow, aka Ron