Author Topic: Bareshaft testing and nock height - need input  (Read 13820 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Bareshaft testing and nock height - need input
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2016, 12:08:42 am »
Heck I have one red oak board bow, true self bow, no backing, its a dog. I also have a nice Osage stave bow, true self bow, no backing. Its not a dog. They definitely take 2 different arrows. The Osage bow is significantly more efficient than the board bow. It is also narrower in the grip. It became very clear during tuning that the Osage bow needed an arrow that was significantly stiffer than what the board bow needed.
Difference between the arrows? 5# of spine, 2" of length, 11/32" vs 5/16".

Draw wt of the 2 bows is same?
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Bender

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2016, 08:42:01 am »
Heck I have one red oak board bow, true self bow, no backing, its a dog. I also have a nice Osage stave bow, true self bow, no backing. Its not a dog. They definitely take 2 different arrows. The Osage bow is significantly more efficient than the board bow. It is also narrower in the grip. It became very clear during tuning that the Osage bow needed an arrow that was significantly stiffer than what the board bow needed.
Difference between the arrows? 5# of spine, 2" of length, 11/32" vs 5/16".

Draw wt of the 2 bows is same?

Yes, 50# at my draw.

Offline loon

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2016, 12:32:57 pm »
Would bows bending like this when shooting have arrow flight tail up/head down? (high nock height?)