Author Topic: Possibles bag pictures  (Read 32293 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Possibles bag pictures
« on: December 22, 2016, 09:33:44 am »
I am looking to make my first possibles bag.  Im looking for inspiration, im hoping that you all will take the time to post some pictures of your possible bags. And maybe a shot discription on how you put them together.  Thanks!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Online Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Possibles bag pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 10:14:22 am »
Patrick, Google possibles bags. Lots of pics there.
 When I'm making a bag of any sorts I use a saddle stitch(2 needles, one on each end of the thread and going through the same hole from different directions) for the body, anywhere strength is needed and a running stitch or other simple stitch where strength isn't needed.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 01:19:27 pm »
Thanks Pat,  I like the saddle stitch myself. I've looked at several on Google but I was hoping to see some of the ones that PA has made. 

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 09:34:41 pm »
I'll put up what I have. I try to have one for each rifle I shoot. That way I don't have to swap stuff back and forth.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 10:55:04 pm »
Thanks,  thats a great idea Eddie.
So what your saying is, I need to acquire more guns.  I like that idea!  :laugh:

Patrick

Offline tipi stuff

• Curtis Carter
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 12:23:08 pm »
Here are my bags. The beaded one is patterned after a Cheyenne bag in the National Museum of Natural History. I didn't make the horn on that one. The plain bag is just a generic variety, with a bison horn powder horn. I did make that horn. I've hunted with the plain bag, but still need to take the beaded one out and get a little dirt on it.  CC

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 06:39:34 pm »
Nice!
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 09:45:19 pm »
You make some great looking bags. I forgot about taking some pictures of mine,,, tomorrow.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline chamookman

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 05:18:01 am »
Wow - I really like the Beaded Bag ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 09:01:32 am »
Pat...Something to carry our possibliities with for an outing bow shooting?Good idea.I usually wear mine.Very handy at the range or even actual hunting.Wide range of possible usables put in there.I'll get a pic up of mine.

Beaded it a little with some brick red white hearts just for panash and glass weight to hold the flap down nice but not necessary.Fringe has home made copper cones pinched on.All brain tan of course.I carry anything in there from deer grunt/doe bleat/rattle sticks/flint and steel kit/char cloth/bees wax/needle and thread you name it.Handy bag to have with.I'm sure you've got your own thoughts on that.The shoulder strap I like the length that when you sit down the bottom of the bag is at seat level.Kind of paticular I quess but I like wearing things that are'nt overly cumbersome and get in the way of normal movement.Size is 8" by 10" or so.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 09:16:54 am by Beadman »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 03:17:13 pm »
Here's a few of mine. I just cut and made the one with fringes today. I wanted one for my double barrel BP shotgun and an upcoming squirrel hunt with my brother and son.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline chamookman

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 04:38:06 am »
I use a very plain Braintan bag for all shooting associated stuff on the right side w/Powder Horn and an Oilskin Haversack on the left. The Oilskin bag carries Fire starter/extra wool mittens and something to munch on. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline tipi stuff

• Curtis Carter
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 11:00:00 am »
You guys have some great looking bags. Maybe more people will post theirs as well. Thanks for the compliments on mine. I look forward to more posts. CC

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2016, 10:33:55 pm »
Thanks guy's for posting the pics! All of them are great looking bags. 
See this is why I wanted to see pa pictures,  simple but effective.  And some with a little bling! All of the ones I see online are pretty fancy.  Im bad about over thinking things. 
I still need to "just make a bow!"  :laugh:

Patrick

Offline BrianS

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 07:53:10 pm »
Front, Back and Contents