Author Topic: 2017 Supply trade sign up  (Read 42077 times)

Offline DuBois

Re: 2017 Supply trade sign up
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2017, 08:50:33 pm »
Awesome stuff being sent! I gotta get mine out tomorrow.

Congrats to all

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2017, 11:13:37 pm »
Glad you like it Bob. That wood for tip overlays is zebra wood. The feathers are both turkey. The string is grass cordage. It's actually store bought, at one of the big box stores. It makes a great handle wrap. Enjoy!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline dylanholderman

« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2017, 12:16:56 am »
Bjrogg I'm glad everything got there ok :)

The stave is honeysuckle bush I dug around and found one of my best staves of that particular wood I know most people haven't tried it and I wanted to give you a good one ;D ( if you'd like I can pm you about my experience with it what's worked for me and something's to stay away from :))

Offline dylanholderman

« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2017, 12:29:46 am »
Alright I got my package today from Bob W
 here's what I got   ;D

From left to right and top to bottom I have
A flawless hickory stave( a wood I haven't used yet believe it or not)
A half dozen cedar shafts
Some rawhide to cut backing strips out of
Brain tanned buckskin (that my mom made me put in a ziplock  ::))
And finally some OSU colored fletchings  >:D

Gotta say I just love the smell of that buckskin, I probably would have been happy with just that! It smells so nice ;D tho my mom wasn't as much of a fan >:D O:)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:37:12 am by dylanholderman »

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2017, 06:10:15 am »
Nice haul Dylan. 

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2017, 06:41:10 am »
Wow that is a straight hickory stave Dylan, at first I thought it was a board. Some nice stuff changing hands. I love the smell of any hides. I don't really know why but I do.
Dylan if you want to PM me any advice I'd be very appreciative because I have zero experience with honey suckle and that is a beautiful stave. I'm thinking the tip materials are bloodwood, black walnut, antler and ? Maybe red oak? Thanks for the very nicely prepared supplies
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Bob W.

« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2017, 08:43:43 am »
That Buckskin smells like a smokehouse lol!

Stringman

« Reply #157 on: January 24, 2017, 01:07:51 pm »
I have it on good authority that a box will arrive on ------'s doorstep on or about the 26th. Mark me shipped!

Offline PNewton

« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2017, 06:02:56 pm »
My package is on it's way. Should be arriving at it's destination around the 26th.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2017, 06:12:06 pm »
Dylan, that hickory stave looks like a piece of lumber it's so straight and clean.  There's a nice bow hiding in there.  I marked you down as received.  I would like some information in a PM about the honeysuckle.  I was moving some staves around yesterday and looked closely at a few pieces I cut last summer. 

PNewton and Stringman, I got you both marked down as shipped.  Thanks!

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2017, 06:13:22 pm »
We have 9 guys left to ship and only 7 days before the deadline.  If you are going to be late please let me or Stringman know. 

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2017, 10:53:31 pm »
Wizard Goat sent me this picture of the package he got from Pearly.  He will add the details.  I'll mark you down as shipped and received Goat.  Thanks.

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2017, 11:42:40 pm »
Thanks Clint. Problems with my computer.
Pearly sent me a couple blocks of very nice wood, some nice raw hide, enough for 2
bows I think,  some nice silk which I use a lot of, and a takendown sleeve. Haven't made a TD yet, so I guess I'll have to now! Also, some Rush drums sticks haha. Thanks Chris!

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2017, 02:49:35 am »
This morning before heading to work, I was continuing the break in of the first osage bow I made, a med length sinew backed recurve. She was shooting sweet and she was poised to replace my hazel as my go to. I probably had 300 arrows through her so far and on #301 she just gave out with a sickening ka-pow. The belly essentially separated from the back on the upper limb along a growth ring. I'm pretty sure it went at a small knot that I had glued and wrapped in sinew. I was looking forward to using it in an upcoming shoot. Needless to say I was pretty bummed out at work for the rest of the day. When I got home there were two packages waiting for me. My mood was greatly improved after opening the parcels sent to me by Redhand. There was a box of obsidian(mahogany, banded, and regular), dacite, and some really pretty red stripped stuff I'm guessing is art glass. There were also 7 elk antler buttons/bases.  I was really hoping to get some knapping rock seeing as how it's hard to find around here. The second bow was full of phragmites and grease wood for fore shafts. I didn't count but I'd guess there was 3-4 dozen potential arrows in that box, plus some large pieces of elk horn. I'm used to deer so these things looked enormous. I have plans for some of it already.

Thanks a bunch Redhand. That was just what the doctor ordered to help cure my bow mourning blues. I've been lacking on posting pics lately. I'll see if I can't motivate myself to get some up tomorrow.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline DuBois

« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2017, 03:31:40 am »
That's a Neil Perty package you got there Wiz.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:13:08 am by DuBois »