Author Topic: mojam 2017  (Read 112682 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: mojam 2017
« Reply #330 on: July 18, 2017, 06:46:59 pm »
There'll be 2 other traders with goodies coming down from Iowa friday too.Including the fella who did the artwork for the T-shirt this year.He told me it's got a buffalo skull on it.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Mad Max

« Reply #331 on: July 18, 2017, 07:27:25 pm »
see youall  wed.\
X2

Loaded up. Ready to hammer down in the morning.
Scott

Me too
I would rather fail trying to do something above my means, Than to succeed at something beneath my means.

Offline little bear

« Reply #332 on: July 18, 2017, 10:00:14 pm »
everyone coming in weds have a safe trip and we will see ya when you get here.
bring some cool weather

Offline Birdpoint

« Reply #333 on: July 18, 2017, 10:31:38 pm »
My first time attending how primitive are the facilities here?  Is there shade available of should I bring my own? I am learning flint napping but want to learn how to make bows. Other then a piece of wood and tools, what should I bring? Do people show up early? I'm only about an hour away and can't wait to learn. Will there be guys throwing Atlatls? Do I need to bring my own water and food?
 All The best,
Kenny

Offline Patches

« Reply #334 on: July 19, 2017, 12:33:06 am »
My first time attending how primitive are the facilities here?  Is there shade available of should I bring my own? I am learning flint napping but want to learn how to make bows. Other then a piece of wood and tools, what should I bring? Do people show up early? I'm only about an hour away and can't wait to learn. Will there be guys throwing Atlatls? Do I need to bring my own water and food?
 All The best,
Kenny
Kenny, camping is primitive. There are a few electric plugs ( not many), a community water faucet, a latrine and 4 Jonny on the spots. There will be a lot of how making going on in the pavilion at the bottom of the hill. There is an usually atlatl throwing on Saturday. People have been there since last Saturday, so there are so early arrivers. Bring whatever you want to eat. There is a potluck supper Saturday. Marshall bowhunters usually have some food for sale Thursday, Friday and Saturday with biscuits and gravy Fri. and Sat mornings. Showers are located at the City Park at the pool just up the road. Bring bug spray, the Skeeter's were bad last night.

Look forward to meeting you. I am camping with the bunch across the road from the latrine. I am one of the fat bald guys with a beard.  :) There are only about 15 of us that fit that description!

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #335 on: July 19, 2017, 06:09:58 am »
 All The best,
Kenny
Kenny, camping is primitive. There are a few electric plugs ( not many), a community water faucet, a latrine and 4 Jonny on the spots. There will be a lot of how making going on in the pavilion at the bottom of the hill. There is an usually atlatl throwing on Saturday. People have been there since last Saturday, so there are so early arrivers. Bring whatever you want to eat. There is a potluck supper Saturday. Marshall bowhunters usually have some food for sale Thursday, Friday and Saturday with biscuits and gravy Fri. and Sat mornings. Showers are located at the City Park at the pool just up the road. Bring bug spray, the Skeeter's were bad last night.

Look forward to meeting you. I am camping with the bunch across the road from the latrine. I am one of the fat bald guys with a beard.  :) There are only about 15 of us that fit that description!

Neal

Not to be confused with the fat old guys with beards...  ;)

Offline Mailman Bill

« Reply #336 on: July 19, 2017, 10:58:11 am »
Just joined PA last night and I am planning on attending Mojam in the next day or so.  This will be my 4th but this year I'm on a mission.  I've made my own selfbow and arrows but I'm needing some first hand advice on knapping.  I've watched at a distance and they make it look so easy....NOT!  My goal is to make at least one tip to be used on an arrow I made myself and shot in my hickory selfbow that I made from a hickory tree off of my land.  Taking a deer with all self made items will be such a great feeling.  I've attempted so many times to knap a point but all have not turned out so good.  I'll see you guys there!

Save me a T-Shirt in large or XL.....I've seen the logo....super cool!
Never to old to learn old stuff.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #337 on: July 21, 2017, 08:04:31 am »
Taking off.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Mailman Bill

« Reply #338 on: July 21, 2017, 09:53:49 am »
I spent some time yesterday there and ran across Stringman doing his thing on some rocks.  He taught me quite a bit to help me with my knapping skills.  Great instructor and craftsman I might add.  Great meeting you Stringman.  I came home with a few items from various vendors that were there.  Thinking about going back on Saturday to see if anymore vendors are there for the weekend visitors.  Good Stuff and good friendly people.....can't loose with that combo.

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #339 on: July 21, 2017, 01:17:00 pm »
I know you'll find this hard to believe, but due to some inexplicable weather anomaly, the immediate area surrounding MOJAM in Marshall is experiencing very peculiar weather today.  The skies are clear blue, the temperature is 71 degrees and there's a light wistful breeze blowing in from all sides.  Four unicorns have been spotted and a 9 foot tall white buffalo just walked down the MOJAM gravel lane with two Snow White calves.  The water hydrant is running ice cold 180 proof crystal clear shine and there are two inch thick ribeyes on every grill on the place.  If you ain't here yet, you're missing out big time!  Hurry up and head this way before my hallucinating ends!

OneBow 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 01:20:41 pm by Onebowonder »

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #340 on: July 21, 2017, 06:34:42 pm »
Be safe, Onebowonder...................................
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #341 on: July 21, 2017, 08:40:23 pm »
Alrightt you fellers already there.... Just got in from Detroit so im gonna be able to come tomorrow afterall 👍 bringin my grandson with me 👍 ... Is anyone makin the rattan kids bows this year? He dont wanna bring his compound 👍😄 but ive been traveling for work non stop for the last 3 months so we aint had time to get together and make a bow for him 😞 ..if anyone knows whats happening down there give me a holler @ 573-881-7770  so i can be better prepared... Thanks, Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Mailman Bill

« Reply #342 on: July 21, 2017, 11:46:22 pm »
I didn't see any rattan bows but did see a fella selling smaller kid sized bows that were painted with all kinds of decorations in all kinds of colors.  He was set up on the left side of the road about 1/3 the way down the hill.  This was Thursday and to me it looked like a lot of vendors hadn't shown up yet but maybe it may have been the heat.  Forecast tomorrow....100 degrees.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #343 on: July 22, 2017, 02:32:54 pm »
Don't forget to take pictures.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #344 on: July 22, 2017, 05:10:21 pm »
Well just got done with AC shinanigans so we dint make it down... Im sure you fellas that made it are having enuff fun for us all 😄😄..... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....