Author Topic: Mike Hawk Huston and Red Hawk  (Read 22525 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

Mike Hawk Huston and Red Hawk
« on: January 17, 2017, 08:26:53 pm »
Have been in contact with Hawk and Red Hawk and they are going to try to attend this year's Classic.  As I have said before I don't know any two walk and stalk bow hunters better than these two fellows.  Mike tells me he has a huge horse trailer with living Quarters big enough for both of them and their wives.  Red Hawk is a Souix Medicine man that I am sure you will enjoy meeting.  I would recommend you have Hawk give a hawk and knife throwing demonstration.  Since I will not be able to attend I am asking if there is anything you might want me to make and send for the raffle?  Red Hawk lives in Penn. and has relatives in Tenn.  Joe 
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Mike Hawk Huston and Red Hawk
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 08:04:11 am »
That is great news Joe, Love to see Hawk again and meet Red Hawk. What part of Tennessee dose his people live ? I so wished you could make it back, you will be missed for sure, hope it is just scheduling conflicts for you and nothing to serious , like health issues.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Stringman

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 08:38:19 am »
I'm excited to hear that! Hawk is already well acquainted with the folks there, but it will be nice to meet Red Hawk show him what we're like. Like Pappy said, we sure will miss you if you don't make it.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 09:53:40 am »
That is exciting news.  I'll be looking to talk to Mike much more this time.  Be nice to meet Red Hawk in person.
Sorry to read you won't be able to make the trip this year, Joe. 
1’—>1’

Offline Twinkie_slayer

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 10:05:11 pm »
Red Hawk is a Souix Medicine man

No, he isn't. He's a white man named Robert Hrobak from New Jersey who for a long time claimed to be from the Lenape (Delaware) nation until the real Lenape folks told him to take a hike. He in no way, shape, or form is Sioux (Lakota, Dakota, or Nakota) and does not represent our people in any official or unofficial capacity, nor is he any sort of spiritual leader recognized by any of our people.

He may have something to say about archery that is worthwhile, but if you are attending hoping to meed some medicine man, you're out of luck there. Do yourself a favor and don't support those who misrepresent themselves as traditional native spiritual leaders when they are not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jfqxbfTBcc

Offline Traxx

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 11:04:48 pm »
Well Gun Doc.....
Sure there could be.I never said there couldnt be.As a Matter of fact,i never said anything on this thread,until now.

But since you brought it up and me into it by handle,ill say this....

Posted by wolf watcher and in association with Mike Huston,Who do you think it is?
I doubt its Jay Red Hawk,but thats another story now init.

Or were you referring to someone else on here that goes by Traxx?

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 11:24:58 pm »
Sounds like I have started some kind of serious problem with some here.  I have known this man for many years and have been involved with lots of his ceremonies.  There are several different tribes in the Sioux nation and wondering if it would be possible for him to be a member of a different tribe?  As a Cherokee I know there were several different clans and not all of them knew each other.  Joe

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 11:36:27 pm »
Joe, I think the confusion is about weather Hawk's friend is Jay Redhawk.  He is a white man pretending to be a native american and profiting from it.  He's also a convicted wife beater.  There is a lot of information about him online and most of it isn't very good. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 11:46:39 pm »
I am sure he is not Jay Redhawk.  I will talk to Mike Hawk Huston to find out where I am confused.  If the people at the Classic do not want him to attend I will make sure he knows about it.  Joe

Offline Traxx

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 12:08:02 am »
I can assure you,there is no confusion of the two different men by Twinkie Slayer.He is well versed in them both.Jay red Hawk is another man known as Gerard Gesmondi.

Offline Traxx

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 12:12:42 am »
The Problem sits with the Title of "Sioux Medicine Man"
Now,is this a point of confusion?

Is that a title bestowed upon by Wolf Watcher or his interpretation of the man,or is "Red Hawk" making that claim?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 12:15:42 am »
Joe, if you and Hawk are friends with him he must be a good guy and I'm sure he would be welcome at the classic.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bubby

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 12:27:38 am »
I'm a little confused, the video link twinkie slayer posted at no time did he claim anything about being a medicine man or even that he was a spirit leader of any kind, in fact he kept refering to the lenape as they
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 12:37:21 am »
All I can say is that I have since I have known him have thought him a Sioux.  This whole thing may be my Bad.  I can tell you for certain he has been a good friend of mine and Mike Huston.  He is a very skilled primitive hunter and I am happy to call him my friend.  I have been present when he preformed several different ceremonies!  Joe

Offline Twinkie_slayer

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 12:50:11 am »
 Bob Hrobak and "Jay Redhawk" are two different individuals. Jay is an Italian guy from San Diego named Geraud Gismondi, and he has a rather lengthy criminal history.  I don't know of, nor have I implied that Bob Hrobak is a criminal. Whether he is presenting himself as a "Sioux Medicine Man" or if that is someone else's misunderstanding I don't know either, but the fact remains that he's not a Sioux spiritual leader.