Author Topic: Mike Hawk Huston and Red Hawk  (Read 22524 times)

Offline bubby

Re: Mike Hawk Huston and Red Hawk
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 12:53:59 am »
The Problem sits with the Title of "Sioux Medicine Man"
Now,is this a point of confusion?
Is that a title bestowed upon by Wolf Watcher or his interpretation of the man,or is "Red Hawk" making that claim?

Well it seems that somebody jumped the gun by calling a guy out without all the facts
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 04:57:29 am »
Ya bubby that happens sometime around here, Joe if he is a friend of yours he is alright in my book and always welcomed, of course I go by a different spiritual leader so probably don't take this as serious as some it seems.  ;) as long as someone don't harm me or any of my family/friends the rest he has to answer for his self.  :) By the way lets please don't turn this thread into a bashing of some kind , I don't know Red Hawk but I do know Joe and Mike Hawk and they are fine people. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 05:01:54 am »
Also seems T S has been on PA a while and has all of 7 post, 2 of witch was here and the others calling folks out, wished you would get a life. ::) >:(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Twinkie_slayer

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 09:44:37 am »
Also seems T S has been on PA a while and has all of 7 post, 2 of witch was here and the others calling folks out, wished you would get a life. ::) >:(
 Pappy

Ok :)

But the fact remains that Bob Hrobak is not a Sioux medicine man :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 09:56:50 am »
It is a very good thing that we have a rule here to not call folks names, because I could think of a choice few to call you, nice version /trouble maker/troll. ::)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Traxx

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 11:29:47 am »
If this was a case of "Stolen Valor" or the like,I doubt anyone,would shoot the messenger.
That is exactly how Native people,view those,that appropriate and misrepresent their culture,especially when it is attached to their most sacred positions.
In fact,there are federal laws regarding such issues and Native people have organizations,that retain legal council,to combat,these cases.

Offline bubby

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 12:04:04 pm »
If this was a case of "Stolen Valor" or the like,I doubt anyone,would shoot the messenger.
That is exactly how Native people,view those,that appropriate and misrepresent their culture,especially when it is attached to their most sacred positions.
In fact,there are federal laws regarding such issues and Native people have organizations,that retain legal council,to combat,these cases.

There has to be proof and not just accusations 😉

Offline Traxx

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 01:02:13 pm »
I can Assure you,that Twinkie Slayer,is not just some random, shoot from the hip kind of Guy.

Stringman

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 01:07:38 pm »
...and this is what Joe and I were talking about when he said the complexion of this site has changed over the years. Thanks Pappy for callin a spade a spade. Unfortunately, this appears to be pearls before swine.   :(

Offline bubby

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 03:18:11 pm »
...and this is what Joe and I were talking about when he said the complexion of this site has changed over the years. Thanks Pappy for callin a spade a spade. Unfortunately, this appears to be pearls before swine.   :(

Lol thats a great one Scott😅

Offline willie

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 03:53:10 pm »
callin a spade a spade

not quite sure about that my self. It's not easy to post without coming across differently to different readers.

after re-reading TS post, I do believe that he is speaking to the fact of who does, or rather, who does not represent his people. I don't see the intent to troll, but I do see the intent to clarify.

Offline bubby

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 03:54:22 pm »
callin a spade a spade

not quite sure about that my self. It's not easy to post without coming across differently to different readers.

after re-reading TS post, I do believe that he is speaking to the fact of who does, or rather, who does not represent his people. I don't see the intent to troll, but I do see the intent to clarify.
[/quote

But do you see any proof?]

Offline willie

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2017, 04:46:37 pm »
But do you see any proof?

I dunno what you would accept as "proof", Bubby.  but I do read post 15 as another attempt to clarify.

Offline Traxx

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2017, 05:11:30 pm »
Bubby....
I dont believe you understand what is involved in becoming a Medicine Person and having that title bestowed upon someone entails.Now, make it Tribe Specific and that narrows it down even further.It is a close nit community and is easily verifiable,especially,to someone,who grew up in that life and those circles.

Offline bubby

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2017, 05:27:30 pm »
But do you see any proof?

I dunno what you would accept as "proof", Bubby.  but I do read post 15 as another attempt to clarify.

Willie, all i know is what has actually been posted, and ts posted a link to a video as proof i guess but there was nothing about medicine men or spirit leaders . Look it's pretty simpleposr a clipping from a paper or something, i only take peoples word when i know them and trust them, you know put up or shut up