Author Topic: Mike Hawk Huston and Red Hawk  (Read 22176 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Mike Hawk Huston and Red Hawk
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2017, 06:53:29 am »
Same here Josh, sorry if I offended anyone, Like any family I know we have a squabble now and then, then just move on. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Stringman

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2017, 09:48:35 am »
Lost here seems to be the fact that an attack was made on Joe's character. Unsolicited and unrepented. I'm glad it's over, but I'm still deeply disappointed in the trend.

Rich, I never called you or anyone a swine. It's an old literary expression that refers to people who have been given advise, totally ignored. Joe is my friend and I have no intention of leaving him alone in this matter. I am part Blackfoot and part Chippewa. Joe's reference was an honest attempt to describe his friend by means of an honorary title. It was not intended to establish a claim or start an argument. His error would be no greater by calling me a bowyer (I am an amateur at best.)

Joe simply wanted to inform us (Classic attendees) that 2 good friends of his were planning a trip down to Tennessee this year. I, for one, am still looking forward to that meeting and don't see how that involves all of Sioux nation and their etiquette. That's the take away. Thank you Joe.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2017, 10:15:06 am »
Well said Scoot, and I by no means blaming Joe for anything and yes any friends of His I consider a friend of mine and are always welcome at my place.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Traxx

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2017, 01:39:57 pm »
No worries Gun Doc
I actually kind of got a kick out of it. :)

Offline Oglala Bowyer

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2017, 05:23:44 pm »
Gosh, I missed all this?  At any rate, just so you all know; there are people with the last name Red Hawk on my reservation but of no relation to the two aforementioned.  Just saying.

Offline Twinkie_slayer

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2017, 06:15:20 pm »
All you people that are upset should listen to this:  Robert Red Hawk has never told me he was a Sioux Medicine Man.  I am the one who posted that claim because I  have thought he was.  As I said before he has nothing to do with my unfortunate claim. My mistake to not call and ask him before I posted that claim.  I have known him for 14 years and have known him to be a good person.  If you want to chastise some one My Name Is Joe York.  I am a Cherokee.   I am very sorry for causing all the furor and if you cannot except my mistake then I will be happy to withdraw from the PA site.  Joe

Thanks for clearing it up. No worries man...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2017, 09:56:26 pm »
Rick, try a PM, next time, ???. ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2017, 08:39:55 pm »
Red hawk is lakota. Twinkie slayer you are the type of person that caused me to leave the site here years ago i am adopted lakota by my uncle florentine Blue Thunder formerly of the rosebud and can assure you that apples like you." White on the inside red on the outside" are the exact reason our people are in the way they are now. Your instant reaction to every post you deem. "Not native enough" really shows your lack of respect for our culture and heritage. Robert Red Hawk is a good man and a spiritual leader among our people as well as a great teacher of the old ways. I know most of the people on here are good honest folks and will share my fire with them anytime but not with you twinkie.  To my brothers of the forest miss you all. Ill be writing for PA again soon. But because of the negative people on here of late im staying to the shadows off here most of the time. See you all at the classic.  Except for the negative haters your kind had best stay clear of me.  HAWK
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2017, 09:01:57 pm »
Mike, I've met you and respect you and Joe and consider both friends and good people. We need to take this stuff to PM's, doesn't need to be on the site. Or, Rick's on Facebook. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the Classic.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2017, 04:23:04 am »
That is great Hawk , hope you can you can make it again, as for this other stuff, don't think you will see it at my place. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Traxx

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2017, 05:10:03 pm »
You know,Eddie asked that this not be expanded on any further on the forum and i intended to honor that request,until others wouldnt and to make it worse,by another Mod who used it to take a parting shot.So,be that as it may,id like to take an opportunity to tell a little personal story,that coincides with this thread.

My mother was born,of a Native Nation.She was not raised of that Nation and consequently,neither was i.{long Story,that i reserve,for close friends,that care to hear it}I was, a few years later,stripped from my birth mother and adopted by a Non Native family.That Non native family,understood and encouraged me to connect with Native Culture.Now,you have to understand,that at this time,being Native was not as highly looked upon and cool,as it is today and there was some negative connotations associated with them allowing me to do so.We befriended a family who were Native and from a different nation,than i was from.I grew up with this family and their traditions and learned much of their culture from them.It eventually resulted in them taking me on as a relative and treating me as such,traditionally and by Ceremony.The boys called me Brother and the parents called me son.I was even asked to honor them at the funeral of the father,by conducting some of the traditional ceremony.I have taught some of the traditions to subsequent generations of people of that nation,as was requested by the Patriarch of that family.Within all this,i do not nor will i ever,consider myself,of that nation and would never profess otherwise.I was adopted to that Particular Family as a member of that family and not the nation from which they belonged by birth and blood.I think you will find that to be a common attitude and belief among most Native Nations.The Non Native family that i was adopted into,were of Serious Highland Scottish heritage and i never would profess to be of that nation either,even though i consider those people family.
I later learned of my Native culture through association with others of that Nation,and would still never be so bold as to consider myself a spokesman of the people and their culture,other than in an educational capacity and i would never be so bold as to lecture and  criticize a member of that Nation as to how they should act or behave,regarding their cultural tradition,that is theirs by birth and blood.

Mike.....,Since you are fond of using Native slang terms,you may want to ask around about the meaning of Twinkie.Trust me,it isnt in reference to the delicious hostess cakes.

Ps....
My mother was Born Oglala Oyate.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2017, 06:34:49 pm »
Traxx,
I'll ask,
What is the meaning of twinkie?
I hope it is not a racial slur.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2017, 07:01:32 pm »
It is a relief to say that I have learned that Twinkie  IS NOT a racial slur.
My apologies to anyone who might have taken offense by my asking.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Oglala Bowyer

« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2017, 07:54:19 am »
Well said Traxx.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2017, 09:54:07 am »
Twinkie, I like that.  Up here we call them Apples, red on the outside and white on the inside
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com