Author Topic: Mike Hawk Huston and Red Hawk  (Read 22559 times)

Stringman

Re: Mike Hawk Huston and Red Hawk
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2017, 11:26:20 am »
Hope it's sooner than later, you're quickly losing ur camping spot!  >:D

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2017, 11:49:09 am »
Sorry,for the repeat on the second one. :-[

http://nativeamericanindian.blogspot.com/

Lol, that was great. Being a serious follower (for lack of a better word) of the old northern European gods I recognize a lot of the same themes regarding the new age crowd. I mean can you imagine the people who's only knowledge of your gods is from Marvel Comics, lol, well I guess you probably can!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2017, 11:57:14 am »
Hope it's sooner than later, you're quickly losing ur camping spot!  >:D

I'll lobby pappy for the VIP suite in his cabin :) :) :) : ):) :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Stringman

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2017, 12:05:57 pm »
Haha! That'll never happen. The cabin is only reserved for the house broken!  >:D

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2017, 12:07:59 pm »
Pearly, becareful what you wish for, that cabin is chuck full of sharp pointy things  hangin everywhere, You could bleed out just trying to get to the bathroom ;D :o Seriously it was a privilege to spend a night in Pappy's cabin, a real museum an a great host on the night after they had just about all gone. ;D Bob

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2017, 12:11:06 pm »
Haha! That'll never happen. The cabin is only reserved for the house broken!  >:D

HA!
I just spit coffee through my nose!
Pearly could always sleep with Pappys "Girls"

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2017, 12:32:38 pm »
Pearly, becareful what you wish for, that cabin is chuck full of sharp pointy things  hangin everywhere, You could bleed out just trying to get to the bathroom ;D :o Seriously it was a privilege to spend a night in Pappy's cabin, a real museum an a great host on the night after they had just about all gone. ;D Bob

I contributed to that museum the last and only time I was down!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2017, 12:34:08 pm »

HA!
I just spit coffee through my nose!
Pearly could always sleep with Pappys "Girls"

Kevin

I love puppies! As long as I have a flat spot to pass out on, I'm good.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2017, 09:24:42 pm »
The first time I slept there I curled up on the kitchen floor and got stepped on when someone, I think Jess's Dad, Drew went outside in the middle of the nite to relieve himself.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2017, 04:18:25 am »
You would be welcome anytime Pearl, in the cabin or with the girls, they have both been fixed by the way. ;) :)  Ya Eddie I remember that, don't think you even moved. ;) :) Had a lot of good time in that old cabin and had a lot of very good friends stay there with me. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2017, 09:36:44 am »
I'll always remember having the privilege to stay upstairs once during the IBO shoot.  Sure was a luxury to have a bed and a/c in the summer!

I'm looking forward to this year's Classic more than I ever have.  Angie should be riding with me again and I'll be approaching it all differently this year.  Already very excited to really spending time with my friends and making new ones. :)
1’—>1’

Offline Twinkie_slayer

« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2017, 10:50:27 am »
A final note about adoption. I'm posting this because the general, non-native public is mostly uninformed about what this means and mostly misunderstand its meaning.

Enrolled tribal membership is based strictly on lineage. NO ONE is "adopted" in to a tribe. Adoption is a personal thing between individuals or families, and in no way, shape or form confers any tribal standing whatsoever. If a Lakota, or Shoshone, or Arapaho or whoever, adopts a non-native, it is a statement of a personal relationship, not a tribal one, and does not make the adoptee a "Lakota" or whatever.

Unfortunately, there are a few sellouts among various Nations who cultivate followings of nonnative people for profit, and "adoption" is one of the hooks that is used. Some of these "plastic shamans" set up shop in Europe, often in Germany and Italy and make some pretty decent bank hornswoggling the unaware.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2017, 11:30:00 am »
TS:  Your are lucky I am not a moderator or you would be banned from the PA.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Stringman

« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2017, 11:30:44 am »
Can't wait for it Steve. Classic will be here before ya know it and those are some good times! Was Angie there last year and I missed it? If so, I'll have to make sure I meet her this year. Must be a special woman to put up with you.  >:D

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2017, 11:57:37 am »
Joe, sorry you won't be able to make the Classic this year.  I enjoyed our talks on your last visit.

Parnell, I bet this year will be your best Classic ever.  Good news on your wife making the trip with you. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left