Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS!!! Yeti Killed By Primitive Bow Hunters!!!  (Read 10242 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Yeti Killed By Primitive Bow Hunters!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2017, 04:22:45 am »
We Hunt them here in the Wilds of Mid-Michigan - usually over a bait-pile of Jack Links Jerky. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2017, 07:26:55 am »
2017 Hawkeye Snowshoe Shoot

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2017, 03:44:40 pm »
Good shooting, and an excellent stalk!😀  Methinks you should try more difficult quarry such as the western jackalope or the mugwumps.  I would like to score some of what is in your 2nd canteen, though😀  Neat post, good for a chuckle and nice to see real bodies behind the post.  Maybe we all should doe that's!
Hawkdancer

Hawk,
We have found an outfitter and booked a hunt in the great western desert. The hunt costs $68023.06 it is scheduled for the fall of 2378. we will each get tags for 2 1/2 western jackalopes, and all of the mugwumps and snipe our minds can conjure up.
The outfitter assured us he has enough to fill our canteens, which is a good thing because I plan on conjuring up a
mess-o-mugwumps!
I will write an article for Primitive Archer about this hunt we have booked, also I can give you the name of the outfitter if you would like to book a hunt yourself.

Kevin

Your check didn't clear the bank, so don't be mentioning my name!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2017, 05:49:49 pm »
Good shooting, and an excellent stalk!😀  Methinks you should try more difficult quarry such as the western jackalope or the mugwumps.  I would like to score some of what is in your 2nd canteen, though😀  Neat post, good for a chuckle and nice to see real bodies behind the post.  Maybe we all should doe that's!
Hawkdancer

Hawk,
We have found an outfitter and booked a hunt in the great western desert. The hunt costs $68023.06 it is scheduled for the fall of 2378. we will each get tags for 2 1/2 western jackalopes, and all of the mugwumps and snipe our minds can conjure up.
The outfitter assured us he has enough to fill our canteens, which is a good thing because I plan on conjuring up a
mess-o-mugwumps!
I will write an article for Primitive Archer about this hunt we have booked, also I can give you the name of the outfitter if you would like to book a hunt yourself.

Kevin

Your check didn't clear the bank, so don't be mentioning my name!
Darn! I hear the jackalopes are almost inedible, so I was really looking forward to making a mugwump mulligan stew :P, or maybe some mugwump pasties  ;).
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2017, 08:53:53 pm »
Man I saw this on facebook and had to get on over here for the rest of the story
nothing like a first hand account
good job Kevin
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2017, 07:56:57 am »
Great story and very good stalk and shooting. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BrianS

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2017, 08:50:23 am »
Buffalo Gobbler,
We sure have had some "Shinning Times" up at Hawkeye over the years. The Yeti hunt was one of many. You remember when the Hawkeye Gang chased after that legendary white buck or how about the time we shot that Rhino or them Pink Flamingos or the hundreds of the little HBs that took over our forest. How about some of the Legends of Archery that we have met and shot with over the years up there! It truly is a magical place where can you hunt Elk, Buffalo, Caribou, Grizzly and Black bears, Big Horn Sheep, Mt Goats, Wild Boars, Mtn Lions, Game from Africa, Snakes and Prehistoric Dinos all in the same day. If you miss your target, you can come back another day and try again until you get it right. Maybe you should write a book about all of the adventures that have taken place at that special place.
Take care,
Brian (Two Fletch)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 09:02:54 am by BrianS »

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2017, 10:52:01 am »
Shinnin' times indeed!
Most who read this won't understand about the magic,you have to shoot at Hawkeye Bowmen to understand and appreciate the magic.
Everything Two Fletch says is true, Rhino's, dinosaurs, pink flamingo's, a white buck, a 20ft python and a whole course that we shot with Fred Bear!
Hawkeye is a special place!

Buffalogobbler

Offline bubby

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2017, 12:44:44 pm »
I found your next big hunt guys
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline DC

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2017, 12:46:33 pm »
Ahh, that was done with smoke and mirrors, heavy on the smoke ;)

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2017, 01:28:40 pm »
HA! A "Potsquatch!" :laugh:

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2017, 02:16:45 pm »
HA! A "Potsquatch!" :laugh:

Might want to use a flaming arrow on that one...  ;)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2017, 03:40:14 pm »
Buffalo Gobbler,
We sure have had some "Shinning Times" up at Hawkeye over the years. The Yeti hunt was one of many. You remember when the Hawkeye Gang chased after that legendary white buck or how about the time we shot that Rhino or them Pink Flamingos or the hundreds of the little HBs that took over our forest. How about some of the Legends of Archery that we have met and shot with over the years up there! It truly is a magical place where can you hunt Elk, Buffalo, Caribou, Grizzly and Black bears, Big Horn Sheep, Mt Goats, Wild Boars, Mtn Lions, Game from Africa, Snakes and Prehistoric Dinos all in the same day. If you miss your target, you can come back another day and try again until you get it right. Maybe you should write a book about all of the adventures that have taken place at that special place.
Take care,
Brian (Two Fletch)

I hear that there are pink flamingos found in western Tennessee these days.  Pappy???  Care to comment?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline BrianS

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2017, 10:22:50 pm »
Our flamingos appeared only one time, about 10 years ago on a course named "Flamingo Row". If I remember correct the next year there was a giant Pink Rabbit playing a drum. Maybe the two species are not compatible and the rabbit chased the flamingos away?

Offline Stoner

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2017, 10:41:39 am »
Should have got Hermie to pull his teeth, then Yukon Cornelious could wrestle him down. John