Author Topic: turkey hunting set up, photo custom turkey head added  (Read 15593 times)

Offline bradsmith2010

Re: turkey hunting set up, new photo of turkey arrow,,
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2017, 11:05:35 am »
I am pretty sure I saw him make it, but not in use, would be intersting, I just have a factory made decoy,, :G

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2017, 01:09:39 pm »
I watched a few of his videos last night. Sure better than anything I could find on TV. I liked how he carved the hens head from wood. He does good work. Still didn't see him hunting with it.
Bjrogg

A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2017, 03:50:35 pm »
yes hope to see him get one with  that decoy set up,,,
I have been working on my head shot,, and have a tip for the day,,
make sure you keep your right hand relaxed as you come to full draw,, if you start to tense up your fingers at full draw you will throw your shot off,,  sometimes tensing your fingers tourges the string and has negative effect on the release and arrow flight,, keeping the left bow hand relaxed is a good idea too,, ok thats my tip for the day,, enjoy your shooting,,
ps, the group I shot here is from 10 yards sitting,, fantisizing about shooting a turkey,,,, the arrows are a mix of sitka spruce and cedar,, I was experiementing and can tell no difference in how they shoot ,, they all flew well,,  :G

Offline bradsmith2010

Re: turkey hunting set up, video shooting added
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2017, 06:11:40 pm »
its on utube     brad shooting primitive wood bow   
and                 brad shooting close up of arrows   
its very short, but didnt want to bore you guys,, but you can see the bow in action,, I will try to do some more,, when I learn a bit more about posting it,, I wanted to show it in slow motion, but couldnt figure that out,, :)

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2017, 07:27:53 am »
That's some nice shooting Brad, I like how you got your hay bale rachet strapped together. Good Luck with the gobblers. I sure hope you get that shot. That looks like a well worn target. If you make anymore YouTube videos let us know. I'd rather watch them than TV almost any day. (-P
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2017, 12:01:43 pm »
thanks bjrogg,, I plan on making more videos since I learned how to upload, I want to show some different bows in action, and talk a little about bow making,, I just wanted to show this bow in action since it was my turkey bow,, but I wil proably shoot some short bows next,, I think they are a bit underated as far as being accurate,, Im about a week away from getting to go,, the season is open in Texas now, and I hope to go next week,,

Offline Will Tell

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2017, 12:20:10 pm »
I chased Turkeys with Trad equipment for awhile and the best tip I can give you is to use a stool that the seat swivels. When you hear the bird and figure which way he's coming swivel in his direction so all you have to do is pull and shoot. I use to figure on getting a shot at about every five of six Goblers I called in. I hunted without a blind and no decoys so you can probally do better. I also hunt birds that are pressured. Shooting for the head is tough because it's always moving, I always tried for the base of the neck and if you hit low you can break their back. Hit em high and watch them die, hit them low and watch em go.lol

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2017, 01:14:46 pm »
great advise,, thats about my odds at getting a shot with no blind,, sometimes I was so shocked I wsas getting the shot , I would blow it,, the birds in Tenn were pressured, so I know what you mean,,
when you call and they run the other way, odds are they have been shot at before,, I am sitting on a bucket so I can swivel is need be,,  my ghillie suit is coming too,

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2017, 05:58:41 pm »
I tried shooting the shot Jeffer was shooting ,, but at only 10 yards, it was alot more difficult than I thought,, (--)

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2017, 02:29:08 pm »
made the Jeffer shot,,, took me about 10 tries one arrow at a time,, really fun,, please let me shoot that good at a turkey (SH)

Offline DC

Re: turkey hunting set up, made the jeffer shot
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2017, 03:07:33 pm »
I'd get a T-shirt made with that picture on it! Good shot!

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2017, 04:48:11 pm »
thanks DC,, got one ordered in camo so I can hunt in it,,
also Ken Butler, sent me these in the mail got them today ,, so gonna get them on some arrows,,

Offline DC

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2017, 05:34:21 pm »
What are the crosses made of on the left one?

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2017, 08:06:38 pm »
the left one is hack saw blades,, Im gonna epoxy on to arrow and then sharpen them,, what you do think,,

Offline DC

Re: turkey hunting set up, photo custom turkey head added
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2017, 08:23:21 pm »
Sounds vicious. Don't really think sharpening is going to do much :D