Author Topic: Does beef come from chicken????  (Read 10950 times)

Offline DC

Re: Does beef come from chicken????
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2017, 04:21:25 pm »
This is still my favorite ;D ;D   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVo_wkxH9dU

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2017, 04:45:00 pm »
That's a good one D.C. I wonder if I could get one of those spaghetti trees from the gurney catalog? That video had over a million hits, I wonder how many new they were being pranked?
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline DC

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2017, 05:32:05 pm »
It was the BBC that came up with it so it was on broadcast television. Apparently it caused an uproar  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti-tree_hoax

I didn't even think people were this funny in 1957

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2017, 01:48:23 am »
    At one time the CocaCola Company was the only company producing pharmaceutical canine in the US. It was a byproduct of making Coke.

This is still happening but CocaCola passed the extraction of the cocaine off to another company in NJ called the Stepan Co.. The coca leaves that CocaCola receives for their soda flavoring arrive free of all narcotics.
Here's a silly question. What do you suppose they do with all those tons of pharmaceutical cocaine? I've never met anyone with a prescription for that one. I bet they use it as a starting chemical for making anesthetics. Either that or those lab coats have one hell of a side job on the weekends. :laugh: 8)
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline Zuma

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2017, 04:51:29 pm »
Beef, beef,!!! what thr h#ll is that :-D :-D
Chicken, chicken!!!, what the h@ll is that :G :G
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2017, 12:30:56 am »
I actually find beef to have a strange gamy taste now that I've been using venison for such a long time. I prefer grouse to all other fowl, with dove coming in a close second. I wonder why grouse isn't farm raised. It really is far superior to all other bird and most red meat.

I googled farm raised ruffed grouse and found they are notoriously hard to raise in captivity. I guess they require high protein game bird feed and their immune system isn't as hardy as other commercially raised game birds making them disease prone. I found 1 supplier of live birds and they were $550+ for a mated pair. Sounds like a good business opportunity for the right type of person. After a decade or so of selective breeding you may have a bird more suitable for farming. 
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline Zuma

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2017, 01:59:23 pm »
It's a shame but whenI moved here to VA there were still a few grouse and Bob White.
The quail are gone and if you tromp the woods for a day two you  may see a grouse.
Sad :'( Dogs cats and yotes. Not to mention the return of raptors.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2017, 03:54:13 pm »
Kinda like our pheasant. Everything is out to get them from the time their a egg.
Bjrogg

Offline chamookman

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2017, 04:43:58 am »
What's a Pheasant BJ - I haven't even heard one around Me in 7-8 years, used to be covered up with them  >:(. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2017, 10:54:10 pm »
In my house my grandboys call everything chicken no matter what form it comes in or how many times we tell them otherwise!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2017, 06:40:10 am »
In my house my grandboys call everything chicken no matter what form it comes in or how many times we tell them otherwise!
Well maybe that's why everything tastes like chicken.lol.
Bjrogg

Offline EdwardS

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2017, 06:19:05 pm »
Pharmaceutical cocaine is the only anesthetic known to man that constricts, not dilates blood vessels.  It's used a fair bit in dentistry, including pediatric and emergency dentistry.  Every ER keeps some on hand.  They just don't tell people.

I spend too much time in ERs.  How else would I know?

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2017, 03:42:43 am »
Thanks for resurrecting this thread, lol, it's a good one. I'm from Florida, you got to go north to get to the south but we still say coke, lol. Though there's enough transplants that in the restaurants they'll say "is pepsi OK?". As for other beverages I too am a bourbon man, Buffalo Trace, Bulluit, the good stuff, lol. The closest thing to a cocktail I enjoy anymore is a good properly prepared absinthe.

You bet amigo! That's funny 😂 Down here we have coke.
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.