Author Topic: It followed me home thread  (Read 256009 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: It followed me home thread
« Reply #390 on: July 09, 2017, 03:59:00 pm »
Does UHaul still make them?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #391 on: July 09, 2017, 08:03:37 pm »
I don't know. When I googled I saw ads that they still rented them.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #392 on: July 10, 2017, 06:10:33 pm »
These saddle skirts and both pairs of scissors followed me home at a price of FREE. The big pair of scissors are made in USA the little pair has no markings but are very sharp.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #393 on: July 10, 2017, 07:45:55 pm »
Can't beat free.  Nice score.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bubby

« Reply #394 on: July 10, 2017, 09:02:29 pm »
Nice stuff, especially for free
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #395 on: July 15, 2017, 10:15:02 pm »
I went to the estate auction of an old bus driver of mine from high school.  I got a small electric pressure  washer for $1.  I'm hoping it will work on fleshing some hides.  I got half the contents of the garage for $1.  It was mostly small wood scraps.  I dug through it and found an old set of Craftsman sockets with a breaker bar plus some other tools.  There was about 40 lbs of crushed aluminum cans bagged up and an old car battery.  I'll use that to get my $12 core charge back from walmart.  Between the cans and battery I'll break even on what I spent today.  I picked up an old fox hide for $1.  It's seen better days.  I'll get string silencers out of it if nothing else. 

Some of my $1 treasures

My big purchase of the day was a home made 1x42 belt sander for $10.  It came with 4 new belts.  I tested it out and it works.  It will work good for knife grinding.

I also got about 20 cans of spray paint and 20 cans of wood stain.  I found this can of pine tar in with it.  What can I use this stuff for?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #396 on: July 15, 2017, 10:43:35 pm »
Clint, I Googled Bickmore pine pitch. It is used for horse hoof treatment and is still available at Tractor Supply.
Nice haul with the other stuff, especially that belt sander.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #397 on: July 15, 2017, 10:47:44 pm »
Thanks for the information Pat.  I'm fresh out of horses.  I was wondering if I could use it for making pitch glue or something. 

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #398 on: July 16, 2017, 07:40:18 am »
Nice finds. That fox face is spooky. Be care full and don't catch the mange off of it. The rigging straps and shackles will be perfect to pull Osage logs with and not damage them.

Offline ksnow

« Reply #399 on: July 28, 2017, 12:31:08 pm »
My dad went out to CO to visit his brother, and brought me back a box full of auger bits and a brace that belonged to grandpa. Most of the bits need some TLC, but some are usable.  Has already come in handy making a new shaving horse.

Kyle

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #400 on: July 28, 2017, 06:23:58 pm »
That reminds me of when I was a kid Kyle. We always had one and my brother and I were worse than termites, drilled holes in everything.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #401 on: July 28, 2017, 09:16:42 pm »
Those look like they are in good condition.  How did they work on that bench?

Offline ksnow

« Reply #402 on: July 28, 2017, 09:54:53 pm »
The two I used, a number 7 and a number 16 were okay. They were the sharpest of the lot. The 16 cut pretty well, even through a knot. The other bits are dull, but very little rust. Nothing my grandpa owned was rusty, thanks to Colorado's lack of himidity. It's just all covered in dust and grit.

Offline JEB

« Reply #403 on: July 29, 2017, 04:40:24 pm »
Picked up four (4) grey Navy wools blankets today at a yard sale for $12.00.  $3.00 each. all in good shape. I'll throw them in the washing machine to soften them up. Probably give a couple away. Couple of them had the  large U S stamped in the middle of them.

Also got my Joanna a pink camo  Cabela's hooded  sweatshirt for $1.00 . Going to look good with her new Bear Paw bag that Pat sent to me yesterday. (photo's of that is coming soon)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #404 on: July 29, 2017, 04:50:20 pm »
Those are some good bargains Jeb.  I picked up a nice scoop shovel off of the interstate today.  I was surprised it didn't have any damage.