Author Topic: It followed me home thread  (Read 247763 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: It followed me home thread
« Reply #480 on: April 22, 2018, 03:57:11 pm »
There really is nothing like floating down steam quite as a ghost for enjoying nature. It's almost like a dream.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #481 on: April 22, 2018, 04:18:25 pm »
There is a long stretch of the Belle Fourche River that cannot be accessed by anything other than helicopter or canoe....and it never sees a bait soaked in that water.  There are some channel cats in that stretch that best be getting ready to come to dinner at my house!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #482 on: May 04, 2018, 01:20:50 pm »
Whoa!
I used to own a canoe, took me to some wonderful places.

Instead of your canoe taking you to cool places maybe you should take your canoe to some cool places , just to insure that karma swings the right way.

Kevin

Yeah, me and the Tiny-tannic are planning a few outings.

You know you are always welcome in the Great Lakes state. Lots of places to drop that canoe in the water here!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Stoker

« Reply #483 on: June 11, 2018, 04:49:55 pm »
Found this ole girl at a yard sale.. Waffles at camp..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #484 on: June 11, 2018, 06:47:56 pm »
Paul and Nina made some great pancakes at Marshall this year.  Can't imagine waffles...
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #485 on: June 12, 2018, 08:39:24 am »
Nice find Stoker!  Camp waffles sound good.   I haven't had much luck lately.  There hasn't been any good auctions around my area.  I did pick up these two fur collars from an antique store for a few bucks.  The big one is sheared beaver and I'm not sure what the smaller one is.  Maybe mink?  There are lots of string silencers in them.   

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #486 on: June 12, 2018, 10:56:08 am »
Bottom could be possum? They have nice fur.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #487 on: June 12, 2018, 10:59:44 am »
Pretty sure it isn't possum.

Offline bubby

« Reply #488 on: June 12, 2018, 02:05:03 pm »
Clint will be styling at elm hall
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #489 on: June 12, 2018, 02:53:57 pm »
Clint will be styling at elm hall

No elm hall for me.  Maybe next year.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #490 on: July 14, 2018, 06:49:07 pm »
Between the wife making plans and work I haven't been able to make any auctions this summer.  I finally made it to one today.  It was crowded and very hot.  The only thing I bought was a pair of old cruiser bikes.  I've been looking for a pair to take with us when we go camping.  These were dirty but looked to be in good shape.  They were a his and hers set with matching accessories.  I left the auction and was headed to Lowe's to get a 2x12 to make a work bench top.  On the way I stopped at an estate sale that was wrapping up.  I spotted a couple of treated 2x12's and a 2x4 in the basement.  It was the exact lengths that I needed for the work bench.  I gathered up a few more items and they told me $5 for all of it.  I got some good stuff that I know I will put to use. 

Everything on the tailgate was from the $5 estate sale purchase.

A few minutes with a wet rag had the bikes looking good.  When the wife got home we took them for a test ride.  Everything works good on them.  They are Huffy Good Vibrations.

According to the odometer they have low miles. 

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #491 on: July 14, 2018, 07:11:21 pm »
     Look's like they cleaned up real nice Clint...It's kinda funny how they decided a guy needed a bar across the top...Lol...Lady bike's are safer, I know from experience...Try to get Ol'Red up to say 25mph, but do it going down hill...Look's like a lot of goodies on the truck...

Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline bubby

« Reply #492 on: July 14, 2018, 08:30:40 pm »
     Look's like they cleaned up real nice Clint...It's kinda funny how they decided a guy needed a bar across the top...Lol...Lady bike's are safer, I know from experience...Try to get Ol'Red up to say 25mph, but do it going down hill...Look's like a lot of goodies on the truck...

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/09/why-mens-bicycles-have-a-horizontal-crossbar-and-womens-bicycles-typically-dont/
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #493 on: July 16, 2018, 04:56:57 pm »
My dad died at age 100, this past weekend I looked through his shop equipment. There was stuff packed in boxes and tons of old tools, even a fairly new band saw. I doubt if he had anything I didn't already have so I left almost everything for my brother to sort through and dispose of.

He did have a nice drawknife and one thing I didn't have already, a froe. The drawknife is a Dunlap in really good shape, it should clean up really well. the froe is kinda' rough but I will have to refurbish it because it is a family tool. Of course these had to follow me home.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #494 on: July 16, 2018, 06:08:04 pm »
Dunlap made a very solid draw knife.  That's a nice froe.  Its neat you get to keep them in the family.