Author Topic: It followed me home thread  (Read 250796 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: It followed me home thread
« Reply #540 on: June 28, 2019, 08:19:29 am »
Clint, you'll soon have a complete blacksmith shop.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #541 on: June 28, 2019, 12:58:01 pm »
  Clint, your going to be busy making a lot of handles, nice score...I just got through separating and freezing around a 150 Catawba worms...Vacation started today and the Catfish don't stand a chance, I expect they will just give up and jump in the boat...I don't know about other areas, but Catawba worms are hard to come by around here now...When I was a kid they were every where and easy to find in early Summer...
                                                                         Don
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 08:03:11 am by burchett.donald »
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline JEB

« Reply #542 on: June 28, 2019, 01:12:23 pm »
So I get this odd looking nickel in change to today. The color was dark and the nickel was light in weight. In checking, it turned out to be a zinc 1940 German coin with the Eagle and a swastika. And that followed me home.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #543 on: April 22, 2021, 06:33:27 pm »
Stopped by a garage sale and they had a killer prices... I love pheasants so I had to grab the picture. It was 20$ but I fixed two of their reeeeallly nice chairs so I got it for 15.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #544 on: April 23, 2021, 01:10:07 pm »
Oooh, and classic literature, too!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Gimlis Ghost

« Reply #545 on: July 23, 2021, 08:33:57 am »
Not a yard sale find but I did get a pretty good deal on this on Ebay. Last one they had and a hair shop worn so I got it at a discount.
I'd not been expecting much at such a low price but was pleasantly surprised at the thick good quality leather and fine stitching. Good design as well.
I added a shoulder strap so I can wear it diagonal across the back. The belt strap allows separating two bundles of arrows according to heads.

PS
Almost forgot. I made a dead center bullseye today, first time in so long I can't remember the last time.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 10:02:56 pm by Gimlis Ghost »

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #546 on: June 12, 2022, 10:39:30 pm »
We went to a flea market at a huge muzzle loader shoot today.  My new bride found some stuff to decorate the house. She loves old stuff.  The wide mouth crock was her favorite treasure of the day.  I found some axes and a violin in a cool old case that looks like a coffin.  I'm giving it to my dad for fathers day.  He can play them. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #547 on: June 13, 2022, 08:02:19 am »
Thanks for sharing your finds Clint.

One of the things I have missed the most is the cool stuff you always seem to have following you home.

Wow now you and your new bride are hitting the sales. This should really step up the followed me home thread. I’m really liking the thought of that.

That is a really nice crock. I’ve never seen one like that. Most of the ones I find around here were used for sauerkraut and don’t have a narrow neck.

Bjrogg

PS is that axe original or was it cut off and welded up by someone?  I wonder what it’s job was
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #548 on: June 13, 2022, 08:46:05 am »
Someone turned that axe into a brush hook, when I was 16 I worked with a fire road clearing team out in the woods, the city hired us kids to teach us to work and put a little money in our pockets. We used all hand tools, axes, saws, scythes and such. We started out with a brush hook in our arsenal  but the boss took it away after so many kids who didn't know how to use it ended up with stiches in their ankles and legs from the cuts it made.

As a kid growing up on a hobby farm we used one to clear honeysuckle patches, I knew how to use one but they could be very dangerous.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #549 on: June 22, 2022, 12:47:07 am »
brush hooks are just cool! I have several, factory and home made! if you knw how to use them they are very useful! I like old tools too! I just don't have time to use them....

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #550 on: July 03, 2022, 06:12:54 pm »
I took my new bride to a big antique swap meet today.  She loved it.  She found a cabinet for the bathroom and some other small things to decorate the house with.  I found some sharp rusty pieces.  I got them surprisingly cheap.  The draw knife was only $5 and the broad axe head was $10.  The hatchet is an Old Faithful Warren Axe, and the double bit is a True Temper Vulcan Kelly Works.   I don't think I have either one in my collection yet.   

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #551 on: July 03, 2022, 06:50:49 pm »
Nice stuff for sure, I would stay busier than I am now if I came up with that much stuff that needed handles. ;) :) Love it.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #552 on: July 03, 2022, 07:02:34 pm »
Nice stuff for sure, I would stay busier than I am now if I came up with that much stuff that needed handles. ;) :) Love it.
 Pappy

Pappy, I've got a bucket full of heads that need handles.  I guess I'm stocking up for when I get to retire and need something to keep me busy. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #553 on: July 03, 2022, 07:12:43 pm »
Ya I still have several myself, I try to keep up but seems people are always bringing me more, GregB cleaned out the garage in the house he just bought and brought me a load of old stuff, I will get in the mood one day and put handles in them.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #554 on: July 03, 2022, 10:15:06 pm »
That’s cool Clint. Nice stuff.

Really cool your new bride enjoys it to.

Great seeing what follows you home again.

Bjrogg

A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise