Author Topic: It followed me home thread  (Read 256026 times)

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: It followed me home thread
« Reply #315 on: May 31, 2017, 05:57:36 am »
Of course I feed him pretty good and shared a few beers with him. They are the picked over ones he didn't feel like loading and unloading again, but if I get one bow out of them I got a good deal.
 Bjrogg

So you got him drunk and stole all his remaining osage.  Is that what I hear you saying? :o

Actually it was more like after a pack of wolves devower a moose and are to full the move. Frank is a pretty good guy once you get to know him. We've become pretty good friends. Really all the vendors at Marshall are straight up in my book. Good guys and gals with fair prices and no high pressure sales techniques.
Bjrogg
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 10:20:09 am by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #316 on: June 01, 2017, 07:36:57 am »
No pics, but I had 700 various nocks follow me home from Marshall. I think I'm set for life now. Thanks Patrick!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #317 on: June 01, 2017, 10:29:49 pm »
I had some great stuff follow me home from Marshall.  Besides this stuff I got 2 nice coon hides, a full deer rawhide, some books, and DVD's. 

I brought home a laminated bow that Pearly made.  I think it is bamboo backed yew with a Mongolian tulip core.  I also was gifted a Badly Bent bow.  I've wanted one of his in my collection for a long time.  Greg has his own unique style that stands out among other bows. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #318 on: June 02, 2017, 05:50:59 am »
Very nice Clint, man Greg must have brought a bunch of bows. They really are unique and I really wanted to get the one from the trade blanket. Didn't play my cards right for that one, was thrilled when I won the one on the raffle. Thanks Greg I know Aaron is thrilled to. They are all sweet bows
Bjrogg

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #319 on: June 02, 2017, 05:52:37 am »
PS that Pearl bow looks sweet to

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #320 on: June 02, 2017, 02:46:29 pm »
Some good stuff Clint. nice looking bows

Offline DC

« Reply #321 on: June 02, 2017, 03:12:45 pm »
A guy can't have too many draw knives.------- Or can he???

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #322 on: June 02, 2017, 03:42:26 pm »
A guy can't have too many draw knives.------- Or can he???

No he can't

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #323 on: June 02, 2017, 09:24:01 pm »
I made a trip to town to ship out some trade items and I stopped at a yard sale.  I bought my mom 2 sewing machines, a stack of books for my wife, a few other things, and this axe head.  It's in decent shape but the edge is very sharp.  It should clean up easily. 

Offline DC

« Reply #324 on: June 03, 2017, 12:14:27 am »
Back up a few pictures, the hatchet with the square hole in the blade, do you know hat the hole is for?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #325 on: June 04, 2017, 08:27:24 am »
I finally found a deal on a big cast iron skillet this morning.  It's a #14.  I don't know the brand name yet.  It's seasoned and ready to use.  I also picked up another old ax head.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 08:46:48 am by osage outlaw »

Stringman

« Reply #326 on: June 04, 2017, 09:59:33 am »
Dandies, both!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #327 on: June 04, 2017, 10:08:28 am »
Dandies, both!

It's no Lumberjack skillet but it will cook some taters  ;D

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #328 on: June 04, 2017, 10:14:26 am »
Back up a few pictures, the hatchet with the square hole in the blade, do you know hat the hole is for?
DC I'm just guessing but a lot of old tools where kinda like multi-tools. Wrenches would have square holes of different sizes in their handles to fit different sized square bolts. My guess would be for putting a twist in a forged square steel shaft. This is only a guess though.
Bjrogg

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #329 on: June 04, 2017, 10:21:45 am »

Copied from another site:

STANLEY / BELL SYSTEM HATCHET
   The specific years during which Stanley provided specialty hatchets for the Bell System has yet to be determined. It is believed that these hatchets were available from sometime in the 1940s until at least sometime in the 1960s. At this point no catalog reference is known extant but it is surmised they may have been provided through special orders. Also unresolved is whether Stanley provided such hatchets to other utility companies or other concerns in addition to the Bell System. Numerous examples have been observed that include a square opening cut through the hatchet blade. Such hatchets are referred to as hatchet-wrenches because the square opening accommodated the square bolt heads used to secure different apparatus to utility poles.