Author Topic: Fred Arnold 2017 Bow Trade, Pictures Please, housekeeping issues  (Read 150739 times)

Offline PatM

I'm not quite but neither is my victim. ;)

Offline upstatenybowyer

Mine's going out early next week.  ;)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline penderbender

• island life...
If all goes as planned mine will be sent out next week sometime. Assuming my victim is ready, but he dosnt check in that regularly. Cheers- Brendan

Offline Greenriverwoodcraft

I just posted my exchange bow in the general bow area.  I guess it would be considered a backed bow for bow of the month considerations because it is fish skin not snakeskin but its a self bow in every other respect.

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,61630.0.html

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Looking good guys. Here is a status page. If your status is wrong let me know. As your status changes, let me know and I'll update the list.
Cabinetbowguy.          shipped. Bow received.
Bushboy                     shipped Bow received
Dakota kid.                Shipped. Bow received.
Dubois.                      shipped. Bow received.
Guar                          Shipped:bow received
Gfugal                        Plan A developed terminal issues (Dec), Plan B also terminal
Greenriverwoodcraft.   shipped. Bow received
High desert.                shipped. Bow received
Limbwalker                 reserve, status not known, been off the forum since Sept 11th
Mocooncatcher.           shipped Bow received
PatM                          tillered, technical hitch, re-covering bow (Dec), laminar failure, starting Plan B. Bow received
Penderbender             shipped. Bow received.
Red Arrow                  reserve, status not known, been off the forum since Sept 18th
Swamp thang              shipped. Bow received
Tattoo Dave               shipped. Bow received
Upstatenybowyer.       shipped
Wizardgoat                 shipped. Bow received
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 05:31:03 pm by stuckinthemud »

Offline bushboy

Thx's stuck!(Andrew)!
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline cabinetbowguy

Hoping to get mine in the mail in the next couple days
Amen

Offline DuBois

My recipient has gotten his bow intact!!

Now where's mine!!!! LOL

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Oh, its on its way, I know what's coming and you will not be disappointed :laugh:

Offline upstatenybowyer

Shipped.
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Greenriverwoodcraft

Just checked the tracking in for on my bow I sent out via priority mail on Saturday because my victim should have received it by now.  The USPS tracking service says it is "In Transit Delayed" and they will update the status when they have more info.  IF this thing gets lost or damaged in the damn mail I will be beyond furious.  Now I am really glad I insured it
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 06:38:19 pm by Greenriverwoodcraft »

Offline Gaur

Here is some progress on mine .  Got it braced and working on getting it adjusted
Currently 43 lb @ 23.5.  Hoping I can make target weight .

Bottom limb was weak to start with as the limb was narrower from the get go

Some work to do on tiller

"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline gfugal

The Juniper bow is braced, at a 5" low brace.

I think I'm going to set aside the locust bow and only work on the juniper. Unless of course the juniper breaks then I'll use the Locust as a plan B. I thought I heard a creak when I was pulling it at around 14 inches. I inspected the back but I didn't see any damage. Reluctantly I kept tillering and had no further warning signs. Hopefully it was nothing. My victim already knows that I wasn't able to finish in time and is okay waiting till November. I was originally planning on sinewing it, but decided against it for time. Now that I have more time, and because of the creek, I think I will sinew after all. My question now is when to do it? Should I continue tillering? I'm at about 50 lbs at 18 inches. Here's a picture of it at 18 on the long string.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:30:23 am by gfugal »
Greg,
No risk, no gain. Expand the mold and try new things.

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Thanks for the updates guys, everything is coming together really nicely.  I've updated the status page.  Swamp Thang has been hit by the weather but is still making progress and is nearly ready, I've also heard from PatM; he's been delayed by high humidity levels slowing the curing process but the bow is nearly there.

I really need to hear from Limbwalker and Red Arrow as both their guys are waiting to ship but I can't let them go ahead until I know what's happening - need regular updates guys please.

Oh man Greenriver, that really sucks; hope they un-delay transit really quickly!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 03:37:16 am by stuckinthemud »

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
Hi Gfugal, I can't see the photo? I had a creaky bow once that turned out to be the string creaking, not the bow.  Still learning about sinewing but I think I read that when the brace is good you sinew and then make minor adjustments to tiller once its cured.  Hopefully PatM will chime in on this one.