Author Topic: Native Amreican bow designs, how do they shoot?  (Read 16002 times)

Offline Badger

Re: Native Amreican bow designs, how do they shoot?
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2017, 08:48:42 am »
  A friend of mine shot a 600# cow buffalo with a 50# decent shooting self bow I made, The arrow did penetrate both lungs but didn't come out the other side of the animal. He had about a 50 yard recovery.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2017, 09:01:33 am »
My goodness Arvin.Your a world traveler.Congrats.Seems a well placed shot does wonders with good equipment.
I've got a good friend Grant Poindexter that's been making his bows[long bows] for quite some time that went to Africa too.Came home with a wart hog,zebra,wilderbeast,and a huge impala type beast.Can't remember the name of it right now but it was as big as an elk that's for sure.Oh a kudu.Quite an experience for him.At the age of 72 he finally shot the biggest whitetail of his life last year.It had 16 scoreable points.A big fella all with a 50ish pound bow.Quite a fella himself like you guys.
These wooden bows I wish other people would realize are just deadly,deadly weapons.That's for sure.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 09:07:25 am by Beadman »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2017, 01:03:19 am »
I have really enjoyed reading this thread, and I really enjoy na style bows too! Cheers- brendan

Offline loon

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2017, 02:48:15 am »
Good wooden bows have performance very easily comparable with the average good glass laminate bows... the wheelies are just overkill. I think most people just don't know, I've seen NUSensei (easily with the knowledge of your average sort of archer) call a standard glass lam bow with white limbs and a wooden riser (IIRC) a "wooden bow"

Ishi's bow drew 26", so that's good... I could shoot that decently, I think. But maybe not with his style of shooting.