Author Topic: Christmas Trade Work  (Read 26609 times)

Offline upstatenybowyer

Re: Christmas Trade Work
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 07:44:23 am »
Now there's an idea... Tarantula shed glued on just above the handle...
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 12:43:43 pm »
You know Jeff that is a pretty cool idea. Wondering if I coul get my wife to let me keep a pet in the house?
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2017, 08:20:48 pm »
I believe Paul Semp did a snake shed backing and he didn't like how it turned out.  I can't remember why.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2017, 08:42:54 pm »
You know Jeff that is a pretty cool idea. Wondering if I coul get my wife to let me keep a pet in the house?
Bjrogg

Might want to start with something with a few less legs and work your way up to the tarantula.  ;D

OO, I searched around a bit for that bow paulsemp made but couldn't find it. I did see 1 or 2 with sheds though. One of them looked pretty cool.
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline bubby

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 07:57:33 pm »
Well i couldn't dig up much on the guy i drew soooo a box of coal it is😲lol
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 08:18:46 pm »
Well i couldn't dig up much on the guy i drew soooo a box of coal it is😲lol
Must not be me then Bubby. I'm such a blabber it wouldn't take much digging to find me. A couple nights ago I went almost all the way through last years Christmas Trade. I'd say my victim was on the good list. I might have to step it up a notch.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2017, 07:12:05 am »
Was thinking of making a flemish string jig out of walnut and maybe even a HHB stave and through in some leather for grips . At least that is what I am thinking.

Offline warpath

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2017, 08:00:52 am »
I always love raw materials!! Though lately I've been collecting bows and arrows from other bowyers and smiths. Something about the variety and flare from individuals always captivates me. My guy will be getting a combination of raw materials and finished items!!  )P(

G-Money  >:D

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2017, 11:45:21 am »
I think I will do some original repurposed woodwork and perhaps add a couple pieces of my wife's original jewelry and maybe some original music, and raw material, cooking herbs, and stuff!  Can't never have too much stuff >:D -C- :KN :BB!!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2017, 07:09:34 pm »
Was thinking of making a flemish string jig out of walnut and maybe even a HHB stave and through in some leather for grips . At least that is what I am thinking.

A nice handmade flemish twist jig is an awesome idea. Mind if I use that idea too Bob? I'll make sure and give you credit.  :)

Nigerian Proverb

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2017, 07:19:27 pm »

A nice handmade flemish twist jig is an awesome idea. Mind if I use that idea too Bob? I'll make sure and give you credit.  :)
go right ahead and make one. . I am sure your guy will like one hand made by you. I have my piece of walnut just need to get the pattern laid out . I use finishing nails on my string jig.

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2017, 07:31:24 pm »
The one I made is crude to say the least. I've always wanted one of those nice all-wood numbers that you buy, I just could never justify buying something I could make myself. That's what would make it such a nice gift... Something you wouldn't buy for yourself, but secretly would love to have.

Don't know if I'll actually get around to making one, but an awesome idea for sure.

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2017, 08:12:02 pm »
Anybody been working on anything.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2017, 09:25:33 pm »
Not yet. I've had a few thoughts but nothing concrete.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2017, 10:44:20 pm »
Got a redwood box started, and a possibles bag, an arrow shaft that needs a short. Draw person >:D!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry