Author Topic: Christmas Trade Work  (Read 27146 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Christmas Trade Work
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2017, 10:44:41 am »
Real nice!  Those would look good in any bodies quiver.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2017, 12:03:10 pm »
Got a nice rainy weekend so I'm heading to my basement shop to get started.    :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2017, 10:24:32 am »
Got a good start on some non vegetarian peppers snacks. Need to get enough time to put out and run my trap line. The fur should be priming up. It's been on the cold side.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2017, 10:27:03 am »
PS. It took me two Funders all day IPA's to get that far.
Bjrogg

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2017, 10:55:44 am »
Your making me hungry bj. And those arra's look mighty fine pearly. I habit quite got my package all Lined up but it's close. Cheers- Brendan

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2017, 01:15:02 pm »
Nice looking arrows Chris.
BJ looks like you been hard at it.

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2017, 01:58:29 pm »
I've got my project well under way. Another hour or two should have it done.   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2017, 06:30:41 pm »
Those arrows are tip top Pearly and that meat looks mouth watering BJ.  :OK
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline bubby

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2017, 07:43:44 pm »
Can never have too many GOOD arrows pearly
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2017, 08:21:34 am »
BJ, that meat already looks great my friend.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I know its only six arrows, but I spent a lot of time on those six arrows. They are very straight and very matched coupled with about 6 or 7 coats of Minwax gloss. Hopefully the lucky young man that is getting them will have a use.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2017, 08:39:12 am »
Thanks Pearl and everyone else to. It's a buck a friend of mine got that just didn't feel up to taking care of. I think he had to many barley pops the night before he gave it to me. Works for me it was skinned and gutted. He kept one hind quarter and I had to work around a 12ga. Slug hole but got some real nice grain feed version.
Pearl I know what your saying about the arrows. It might have taken me six founders all day ipa's and six evenings to make those.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2017, 06:14:03 am »
I will be sending my package down the road today. Keep an eye for Santy Claus fella's. If you cant see, listen for the jingle bells!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2017, 05:48:54 am »
I'm thinking I may brain tan and stitch up a hide for a quiver instead of a canteen. I have a couple of coon large enough and a red fox that'll already dried. A good weekend and I can have one ready to go. So any preference on one or he other? Raccoon or red fox.
I've got a few deer hides soaking in a tub of wood ash and water, I'm hoping I haven't let them sit too long and I haven't had the time to scrape the hair and grain off so I can clean and stretch them yet. It might happen tonight though and get them soaking in vinegar water for a few hours to a day to neutralize the lye and hopefully kill the bacteria in the hides.

Kyle

Offline bubby

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2017, 12:19:50 pm »
I'm the lucky dog to get the drummer boys arrows! Beautiful work Chris and they fly like darts, i was able to shoot the blunts and i cant wait to cut down the others and mount some points. My wife saw the mailman and said i think we got a package, then she said it is a weird shape its for you lol. Thanks my friend this made my day
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2017, 01:30:42 pm »
Coon would be cool for sure, but if it were me I think the fox would be nicer. Santa came early eh bubby? Cheers- Brendan