Author Topic: Tennessee Classic  (Read 34653 times)

Offline John K

Re: Tennessee Classic
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 06:21:49 pm »
Funny ya should ask Pappy I've seen older maps that didn't show the UP :o

Thats because it was part of Wisconsin  ;D
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 06:52:01 am »
Yes David,it is just south east of Clarksville,Tn. N W of Nashville about 30 miles off
I 24. The range is right between Nashville and Fort Campbell,Ky.No time like the
present to visit.We have several from Ill.every year. :)
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Little John

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 09:45:11 am »
I am working today (Good Friday) for over time ( travel money)and take off a friday for the classic instead. Hope to travel friday morn and Sunday late. Wanted to come last year with Justin, but am really excited about the prospect this year. The map is an excellent idea. Looks like this is the premier  primitive archery event ever.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 09:59:30 am »
Its getting bigger every year Kenneth,there will be some recurve and longbow guys there also but
about as many selfbows guys AL togeather as any event I have ever been to.Some places have
a few but we have a bunch.Hope it all works out.Don't know if justin is coming again He won't
say.He needs to bring that boy of his so he can give us some pointers.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Little John

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 10:39:14 am »
Thanks Pappy, will check on flights today and let you know for sure. Check also with my wife to see if any thing important conflicts. Hope Justin can make it and cant wait to meet thew family in person.  Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Dustybaer

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 12:45:40 pm »
i wish i could be there.  the only thing i can do right now is to wear my TN classic hat where ever i go and no matter what i do. (fixing breakfast, making cigarettes, relaxing and especially when i shoot "two deer" )

pictures were taken last week, at a friend's birthday party (lasted 3 days  ;D)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 12:51:54 pm »
Thats cool.By the way the article was great,you made us look a lot better
than we really are.  ;D We enjoyed or time spent with you ,wished you could make it back and I am sure some day you will.You know you are welcome. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Dustybaer

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 01:02:22 pm »
there are no words that could make y'all better than you are and words cannot adequately describe how welcome i felt during my visit and how overwhelming your hospitality and generosity were, especially towards a stranger with awkward manners (right Ms. Joanie?)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 01:15:38 pm »
You just have to know Mrs Joanie,after all was said and done she thinks it't funny.One thing
about her [that all that come will find out] is she ant shy. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2008, 01:52:28 am »
You're looking might sporty in your Twin Oaks cap there Marius. Is that a PBR in your hand?  ;D 
  Kenneth, where would you be flying out of, Farmington, Durango?  Hope you can make it. If you need a tent or any camping supplies I can bring whatever or maybe there will be room in Dick's pop-up. Thats where Marius and I slept last year,  Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2008, 01:56:58 am »
...and Marius, even though I read your proof of the article I haven't read your article in PA...because it ain't got here yet! >:(  I'll critique it for you when I read it. >:D  ;)    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Dustybaer

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2008, 08:16:34 am »
pat, you're such a nice guy  ;D  by the way, i haven't seen the article either.  haven't gotten my password to the e-mag yet.  so i'll just wait for your critique.

talking about dick's pop-up, did you hear that distant banjo music too?  >:D

PS:  the beer is a Schwabenbräu Meister Pils, one of my favorites, nowadays.  the white cooler you see at my side holds two crates (40 half liter bottles) and 4 bags of ice.  it's been to every archery tournament i've been to.  since germans are not that used to coolers and ice, it makes me a very popular guy when i arrive with a cooler full of ice cold beer  ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 10:04:38 am by Dustybaer »

Offline DanaM

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 09:13:52 am »
Pat do ya want me to bring some PBR down? its a discount beer up here :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 10:45:50 am »
Pat, looks like a go !!! Can get a flight out of Durango Thursday evening an be in Nashville at about 10:00 and return Sunday afternoon. The cost of the air fare is not even outragous. Will probably bring a tent and sleeping bag, might need to throw in with some one for cooking and eating.Would not be able to live with myself if I did"t make this one. Can't wait to meet the family  in person.  Kenneth

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 12:07:51 pm »
Kenneth, Don't bring the tent I used on our trip! ;D    I have an 8 man and a 4 man tent that I can bring with no trouble. You might need the checked luggage space for archery related items. Iwill also have extra bows etc if you need anything like that to use.
  I am very pleased to hear you will be joining us. Might even be some extra Black Velvet(or similar elixir) there if you desire. ;)  I'm sure you won't go hungry. You can share our vittles if necessary.  Marius had a stash of canned tuna and canned chicken so he wouldn't go hungry but never opened a can. He had to haul it all back to Germany with all the other loot he acquired ;).     Pat