Author Topic: Hickory backed lemonwood ALB build along...now boo backed...now w/ osage belly  (Read 31496 times)

Offline upstatenybowyer

What a great thread. It's been like a good suspense flick with all the ups and downs and unexpected twists in the plot.  (W
I'm glad there's a happy ending! Awesome job Pat.  8)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Thanks everyone. Here are a few finished pics...

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Nice  :) ... I was expecting it to be 150# having added to back and belly  ;)  ::)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
It was at one point, Del.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
Now that was a long story, but at least a good end. Congrats for that nice stick and thanks for all your postings - it shows what we all can do when problems are showing up.

Great work, Pat!
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Thanks Simon. Unfortunately the lemonwood isn't the main character but it does seem to make a good core wood. 

Offline simson

Thanks Simon. Unfortunately the lemonwood isn't the main character but it does seem to make a good core wood.
Haven't worked with lemonwood so far, hard to get it here. But thanks for your input, I will do so if I ever get my hands on lemonwood.
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline bassman

Nice.