Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 143899 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: MoJam?
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2018, 11:27:03 am »
Hope you and the Cahl man have a great time.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline gifford

« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2018, 12:05:32 pm »
Well, the first day of summer, and it is now noon-thirty. Temperature is an unbelievable 67 degrees here in KC MO.

Can't believe it after the temperatures during the last month or so. Could this be a sign for spectacular weather at MoJAM I asked myself...then I remembered this is Mizzurah, who knows what the next hour will bring.

But at this point in time, we're groovin' on the low temps, nice breeze and a bit of rain.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #167 on: June 21, 2018, 12:14:30 pm »
It's going to be here before I now it. We are nailing down a rental car and checking out the tent this weekend. Hoping to arrive on Sunday or Monday. Someone save a shade tree for me will ya? ;)

I spoke to a few people this last week at the Compton Trad Shoot that said that have a blast at MOJAM so we are getting more and more excited. Cahl usually doesn't show any outward excitement about things but he has been working on his stave more than usual this week. I dare say he's ready for you all.

It will be good to see some first timers spend the week with us.  Glad to hear that your going to come early.  You will get to see how mojam develops throughout the week.  Although I have to say, nobody is ever ready for us!  ;D but im glad he is getting some work done in preperation. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Patches

« Reply #168 on: June 21, 2018, 01:30:32 pm »
Well, the first day of summer, and it is now noon-thirty. Temperature is an unbelievable 67 degrees here in KC MO.

Can't believe it after the temperatures during the last month or so. Could this be a sign for spectacular weather at MoJAM I asked myself...then I remembered this is Mizzurah, who knows what the next hour will bring.

But at this point in time, we're groovin' on the low temps, nice breeze and a bit of rain.

Oh if MoJam is like today, I would be in heaven!    I have been working outside about 50 miles south of KC all day and barely even broke a sweat!  This weather is liable to spoil a fellar! :) 

I am looking forward to meeting all the new people and seeing all the old people! 

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #169 on: June 21, 2018, 03:47:48 pm »
Glad to hear you are coming early. Ill be there early to and working on some things. The place is almost to full capacity by wednesday anymore. Thursday you can get a spot if you know someone, and by friday, you can still get a spot, but you become oart of someone elses camp! (Which is always welcome.) On more than one occasion, ive had impromptu tents or even just cots thrown up im my front yard, so to speak.  (-S

Less than a month!

"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline JonW

« Reply #170 on: June 21, 2018, 07:28:24 pm »
I'm thinking fish fry on tuesday evening. I have plenty of fish if others want to contribute some sides.

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #171 on: June 21, 2018, 08:02:01 pm »
if there's going to be a big meal Tuesday...I will have to come a day earlier...  -C-
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2018, 11:41:51 pm »
Hell, we can always stow gear under the camper to make a bunk for a needy soul -long as the wind doesn't blow us away! 
Jon, if you are talking about catfish and hush puppies, I'll be starting out Sunday to be there.  Getting ready to start the sourdough bread and the home brew!  Bread goes fresh baked into the freezer, home brew gets aged in the bottle!  May sneak in a bottle of blackberry mead, too!  And a sparkling water for Cahl!
Sounds like the earlier you get there the better chances you have of getting any spot!  Btw, what are the rules and regs on campfires, grills, etc?  I assume the city does mosquito control, but the mosquitos. Don't always pay attention >:D (=)!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2018, 04:46:33 am »
Mosquito control.....That's funny

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2018, 05:38:09 am »
Grills are OK but no ground are campfires allowed.
Oh, you make blackberry mead?  (A)  ;D

Offline Patches

« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2018, 09:11:45 am »
I'm thinking fish fry on tuesday evening. I have plenty of fish if others want to contribute some sides.

Jon, I can provide taters for frying up.  Maybe some cole slaw too.

Mosquito control.....That's funny

Apple pie, blackberry mead and clear liquids in quart jars will take care of the mosquitoes. You won't even notice them... ;D

honestly, other than an occasional annoying mosquito getting in my tent and buzzing around my ears, I do not remember them being bad.  But I am just naturally repulsive, so biting critters do not bother me too much....

Neal
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:27:49 am by Patches »
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline JonW

« Reply #176 on: June 22, 2018, 11:04:50 am »
Hawk the fish will be a mixture of crappie,red ear,and bass. Of course the obligatory hushpuppies.

Neal taters always go with fish  :)

Would be good if somone brings an extra burner to cook taters on.

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #177 on: June 22, 2018, 11:51:26 am »

Would be good if somone brings an extra burner to cook taters on.

I’m bringing a big flat top grill. It would work great for those taters.

Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #178 on: June 22, 2018, 12:33:19 pm »
This batch of blackberry was started Sep 17 and bottled Jan 18, mellowing out nicely!  The home brew will be a fast honey amber ale, but smooth.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #179 on: June 24, 2018, 11:44:22 am »
Is there such a thing as misquito management? Definitely not at mojam, they ain't terrible but a good thermacell and some citranella candles or such is always a good thing to have. 

Jon I can bring another fish fryer and a pot for cooking.

Dave do I need to bring my smoker? Do you have any rabbits to go in it this year?

I'm thinking about bringing a couple whole tenderloins and putting them on the smoker.  Maybe for Wednesday? What do you all think?

I'm sure ill have a bow to finish up this year myself.  So hopefully I'll be getting some work done on it as well!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!