Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 147038 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: MoJam?
« Reply #270 on: July 08, 2018, 10:06:37 pm »
Early morning shoot sounds like sumpin to try. Following coffee, of course.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #271 on: July 09, 2018, 05:43:15 am »
I got kinda lost my first tine getting there, but kts pretty easy to find now i think.  We are packing a few things and making plans for food. I think sunday or monday we are eating dinner in town and are going to watch a movie at the theater. We may even look into playing sone golf, disk and regular.

What day are you golfing Dave?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #272 on: July 09, 2018, 06:10:01 am »
Im not sure what day, or if i will, or if i am even allowed. It may be a private course, and i douby they allow gym shorts and tie dye. Lol

Speed limit is enforced as well as no one in the bed of trucks, not even to go to the pool. Ive been stopped for that as well.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Patches

« Reply #273 on: July 09, 2018, 07:30:15 am »
Im not sure what day, or if i will, or if i am even allowed. It may be a private course, and i douby they allow gym shorts and tie dye. Lol

Speed limit is enforced as well as no one in the bed of trucks, not even to go to the pool. Ive been stopped for that as well.

I checked and the golf course is public.

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #274 on: July 09, 2018, 08:28:23 am »
My battery operated fans and case of batteries showed up yesterday. Now all I need to do is finish up this new website/blog I am working on and get it up and running so I can actually begin packing everything up for our trip.

I pulled up a google earth view of the area and I see exactly where you all are talking about to as far as where to go. My directions are bringing in us in from the north and it looks like possibly local back roads roads the last 2 hrs of my drive. It looks like it's bringing me in from the pool end of the area and then south to the grounds. It's all good 'll have the boy as my co pilot.

I also used my Google Fu for the local area and found the WalMart for groceries/ice and a Sonic for dinner and shakes ;) I'm looking forward to finishing up my first bow that I started at the Marshall Rendezvous in May. I'm going to bring an extra stave or two for us also.

I also can't wait to shoot that beautiful bow I got from Osage Outlaw at the trading blanket in May.  I've been to busy "adulting" to get to shoot. It's a touch heavy but I'm loving it! Not to mention that it is absolutely stunning. Everyone that sees it in my studio comments on it. Definitely a wonderful keepsake with a great memory.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline mobow

« Reply #275 on: July 09, 2018, 08:38:21 am »
Sounds like some of you will beat me there.  I am in California but heading East today.  Also want to let everyone know that I have a cool drum and hardly used clamp for the auction.😎. Unless Dave  comes and gets it first.

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #276 on: July 09, 2018, 10:26:04 am »
let the games begin!   :OK

I started on my list the last couple of days as well... I'm thinking that I will bring an osage bow that came off Patrick's form...it needs an expert tiller guru to finish the tiller for that type of bow.  :)

Anyone that needs me to bring anything, please let me know... I'll be there Tuesday about noon... if I can wait that long.
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #277 on: July 09, 2018, 10:40:34 am »

Sure wish I could come.
My cousin and a bunch of my buddies spent a couple nights casting my Atlatl around my lawn. It's a pretty big lawn and I've been thinking about setting up a Atlatl golf course. Maybe put some hola hops out for holes. I'm thinking gym shorts and tye dye would be proper attire.
Bjrogg
PS safe travels to everyone and please  take lots of pictures.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 11:09:52 am by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #278 on: July 09, 2018, 10:47:43 am »
Clint certainly builds a nice bow Coby. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone again

Early morning shoot would be fun.   Definitely after coffee Mike

Offline JonW

« Reply #279 on: July 09, 2018, 12:05:35 pm »
let the games begin!   :OK

I started on my list the last couple of days as well... I'm thinking that I will bring an osage bow that came off Patrick's form...it needs an expert tiller guru to finish the tiller for that type of bow.  :)

Anyone that needs me to bring anything, please let me know... I'll be there Tuesday about noon... if I can wait that long.

Bob I'm not saying that I'm an expert but I have tillered at least a dozen bows like that. Easy peasy man.

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #280 on: July 09, 2018, 01:22:58 pm »
cool... I cut 3" off each end so it should be a little easier to tiller now... LOL  It was just a wee bit too curvy when it looked like this...
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Carle1953

« Reply #281 on: July 10, 2018, 08:13:14 am »
I am bringing some staves, if anyone is interested.  No real character, pretty clear and halfway straight, cut spring of 2016. Just look me up, I am in the plane with no wings.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #282 on: July 10, 2018, 09:11:03 am »
Leaving in four days! I have to get my drum back and my table vise before the auction.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #283 on: July 11, 2018, 12:54:48 am »
Looks like I am going to be tenting instead of trailering!  Made a practice run of 200 miles and the Sequoia didn't like pulling in the heat and wind!  Got it scheduled for oil Change and tuneup Friday!  Most of the gear is in the camper, just have to transfer it to the cargo hauler, and get the one pole loaded, as well as the staves and shoots, arrow and bow making tools, etc.  MOJAM ale is bottled and sourdough bread is baked and fresh frozen, should be thawed out by the time I get there,  but I have 3 events Sat & Sun that will cut into Loading time!  Plan to bring a fan and the little generator.  Still almost a 2day haul from here, plan to get there Tuesday afternoon, I hope!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #284 on: July 11, 2018, 02:50:46 am »
The weather is looking good. 

TUE
JUL 17
AM Showers   
86°66°
30%
NNE 7 mph   62%

WED