Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 146377 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: MoJam?
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2018, 06:06:44 pm »
Still need directions off I-70!  What other happenings are going on?  Pot lucks, newcomers parties, strap hanger doin's, traders, bull sessions, etc?

Re directions, 1st pg of this post is link to some MoJam info including map. Zoom out the map to get all directions needed.

There will be auction and pot luck dinner Sat eve. Bring something tasty.

Running Pig shoot, likely Friday and Saturday. Clout shoot Saturday, likely. There's 2-3 3D courses. Vendors. Bow-making and Bull sessions ... almost 24 hrs.

Look forward to meeting ya!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline gifford

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2018, 02:33:45 pm »
Well, so far the hickory bow blank decided that it would prefer to be kindling rather than achieve a more exacted status. One down, one to go. Maybe this is the one, he thinks hopefully..as he rumages through the bottom shelf of the island of misfit staves.

The osage elb stave is no longer has a dog leg, it survived a heat gun and c-clamp session.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2018, 06:59:16 pm »
Good for you gifford!

I am just hoping I get a day to finish up the three im working on! They are all close but not quite there yet.  Plus 2 of them are left handers...

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2018, 09:58:33 pm »
Hoping to get my hickory stave shooting by then - trying to keep from going past target weight, and keep (get) a decent tiller, oh, yeah, and remember to breathe!  I think I will be able to get the next peg on the tiller tree tomorrow and get closer to Brace height.  I would like to be able to take it to JW's Turkey Camp next month.  Have to get some broad heads set up for the hunt and the flight shoot, as well!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline sleek

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2018, 12:42:48 pm »
Only three months left!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2018, 11:02:42 am »
I think CJKopec is also bringing a horse tin tipi

Cahl and I are still hoping to make it. Not sure if I’m hauling the the trailer or not yet. I was just in MO (about 20 miles from where the festivities are held) and being it’s a 1350 mile round trip haul at 7mpg we may rent a little roller skate of a car and tent it. But who knows, I may get a wild streak and just do haul it down there.  Cahl is all for tent camping. I told him if it wasn’t in the 90’s we could tent it.

We will probably be the ones rollin’ in with staves strapped to the top of a Yugo.   
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:21:56 am by cjkopec »
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2018, 07:20:43 pm »
I hope its in the 90's! Its usually around or over a hundred. Plus seing staves straped on a car is nothing.  I seen one straped on a harley one year!

Getting close is right,  as usual I have a lot to finish up!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2018, 09:54:32 pm »
Follow them wild streaks!  Makes life interesting!  I may wind up sticking the generator in the back of the suv and stashing the good stuff in the camper!  Getting anxious!  It's real close to 1300 miles round trip for me as well!  On their other hand, Badger is coming out of California!  Easy haul!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline sleek

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2018, 10:31:22 pm »
Steve being there will be a neat treat.  Very excited for the planned events too!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2018, 09:58:34 am »
LOL I need to correct my statement...

I'll be the one with the staves and kiddie swimming pool strapped to the top of the Yugo.

I might just follow the wild side then. If I have any issues on the road at least I'll have air and a place to sleep ;)

I made the trip in my truck the end of March and was coming home on Easter Sunday thru all that ice when my oil pressure started bouncing all over the place. I was on a state highway with no mile markers. That was when I decided I was getting a little "less adventurous". We made it just fine. Hubby thinks that it had been so long since I really drove my truck any distance that I heated the engine and pushed the sludge into the filter and pressure sensor. I still need to switch that sensor out. I have replaced it 3 times already. But still, not an easy feeling on a holiday. I'll have to use the other truck to haul the trailer. It is only used for hauling since it has the big block and we take out a small bank loan to fill the tank. ;) But it's worth it to not hear the engine in my daily truck work so hard. The first time I hauled with it I was pushing 80mph at the end of the on ramp. ;) Ooops. John told me to get my foot off the pedal. I found out why when I pulled up to the gas pump. But she's got power....
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2018, 04:09:01 pm »
Anyone planning on the mojam float trip with me this year? The race is the following week so i definitly want to do a quick trip again.

"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Badger

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2018, 03:19:10 pm »
   We are going to have a tiller tree set up over by the Broadhead flight line. Maybe someone who has a bow roughed out could bring it over to the shooting line and we could give a demonstration of not set tillering while he tillers out his bow. Preferable not floor tillered and where close to finished weight. And maybe a demonstration of Krewsons tillering gizmo. So it would need to be a pretty flat stave or laminated bow.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2018, 09:01:43 pm »
The Outlaw is planning to grace us with an appearance.
OOOOOOO  LA  LA!
Seriously.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2018, 04:58:54 pm »
Ill try and have one steve. I wont be there to tiller it but i have a few that fit the bill.

If clint makes it i will make him a special tie dye shirt!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2018, 05:37:38 pm »
2x husky Dave  ;)    I might have something to go with the shirt.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left