Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 147381 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: MoJam?
« Reply #450 on: July 23, 2018, 07:22:16 pm »
Thank you to all of you who helped put this shoot on.  This was my first ever Mojam.  I saw a lot of familiar faces and a lot of new ones.  I was welcomed to the Mojam family like I had been going for years.  I expected this trip to Mojam to be a one time deal.  However it didn't take me long to start making plans for next year.  As a wise man once said, "I dun had a real good time"

For all the talk about the heat I didn't think it was too bad. The monsoon golf adventure was something I'll never forget.  I think someone said we got over 2" of rain in 30 minutes.  It's the first time I've had to wade through 12" of water just to get my clubs out of the cart.

Thanks to all of you who shared some food.  Neal put my leftover deer marinade on some wild turkey and wrapped it in bacon.  That was about the best food I've ever tasted. 

The flight shoot was interesting.  It got my wheels turning.  I think I have the room to do some testing at home.  Here is Danznbar launching an arrow with Scott, Aaaaron, and Badger watching.  Badger displayed why he earned that name.  He ripped his arm open on a dry fire and was bleeding pretty good.  He kept shooting and making it worse.  He finally washed it off with gatorade and taped a score card over it so he could keep shooting.  He is one tough dude.

Here is Scott, aka Mr. 214  ::)  dry firing his bow. 

Somehow it held together and he did pretty good with it.  The shutter speed makes his bow look wonky. 

Bow Ed seeing how his bow performs.  This was the first time I've met Ed.  It was a pleasure to do some trading and swapping stories with you.

DVS helped me make one of his signature tie dye shirts.  Thanks my Missourah brother.

I made a trade offer on this little sweet heart of a dog.  The owner wouldn't let her go.

Wyatt learning how to chew sinew for a wrap job. 

I got to visit with 2 guys who where a huge help to me when I first got started making bows.  Mickey "The Ferret" and Steve "Badger".  I was able to get a signed Floppy Ruler in the auction.  Here is a picture of me and Badger.

Bow Ed accepting his trophy for the laminated flight shoot.  His horn bows were very cool.  There were a lot of special moments during the awards and auction. 

A big thanks to the atlatl guys who loaned me there equipment and helped me out.  I participated in a ISAAC event and managed to score a few points.  Ed sent me this picture he took of me throwing. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #451 on: July 23, 2018, 07:27:07 pm »
Sorry for the double post.  Not sure how that happened. 

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #452 on: July 23, 2018, 07:59:51 pm »
Great pics, Clint. Thanks!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #453 on: July 23, 2018, 08:08:14 pm »
Correction.   That's my arrow in the 12 ring  ;)

Noted and revised. Thanks.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #454 on: July 23, 2018, 08:08:53 pm »
a taste...
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #455 on: July 23, 2018, 08:09:50 pm »
more...

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #456 on: July 23, 2018, 08:11:05 pm »
more...

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #457 on: July 23, 2018, 09:27:36 pm »
Great pictures guy's! I always like going through all the pictures after mojam.  It shows just whats going on throughout camp and how many special moments and such that you didn't know about or had missed. 

And to quote nonose,  "I will sleep when I die"!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #458 on: July 23, 2018, 09:43:25 pm »
good stuff...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #459 on: July 24, 2018, 04:35:16 am »
Looks like yall had a great time, with that bunch it would be hard not to. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #460 on: July 24, 2018, 06:10:03 am »
Thanks for the pictures everyone. It's always great to see you all even if it's just pictures.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #461 on: July 24, 2018, 06:12:09 am »
Next year's rig.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #462 on: July 24, 2018, 06:18:55 am »
Wasn't that your first car Knoll?

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #463 on: July 24, 2018, 07:24:07 am »
a little early work...

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #464 on: July 24, 2018, 07:28:05 am »
another...