Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 143904 times)

Offline Bob Barnes

Re: MoJam?
« Reply #150 on: June 19, 2018, 06:06:14 am »
just a month away guys... you need to all start running up and down the road in the hottest part of the day to get prepared.   (-S
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #151 on: June 19, 2018, 06:30:56 am »
Bj,  one of the best feelings I've had make bows  is when I got to pass on what I had learned.  Thats why I like to help people at these events so much. You will get the chance one day buddy!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2018, 10:29:32 am »
RUN!? >:D.  I have to back up to mosey speed!  Hee! Hee! Lol!  Hot is hot!  Muggy is bad!  Water is good!  Stay hydrated and in the shade as much as possible!  Got to get some ice cube trays for the camper!  Off to Wally World!  And the Planet workout place!  Got to look lean and all that stuff!  Already handsome, so that ain't a porblem (lol)!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline feathersnwood

« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2018, 12:06:28 pm »
Been busy here lately but can’t wait to get to mojam!!
Ya Dave wyatt’s Been working on his beard he thinks he can get you this year !!! Maybe you need a pencil holder like the ring girls in boxing just follow you around ya know just a idea ! I’ve got a bow I’ve been working on if I get to the point to put some bends in it you are more than welcome to use it for demo. But don’t hold your breath been hard to get anything done on it since Michigan . See ya in a month or there abouts
Jon made some invisible arrows for you but have lost them maybe I will find them by mojam !! 😉
lets get back to the basics

Stringman

« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2018, 02:20:30 pm »
Wow, just got caught up on this thread and it was a darn good read! Looking forward to havin a tarp out and beatin on some rock in a shaded spot somewhere. Gonna be good to hang with you fellers again and enjoy the sights and sounds! Heat?!? What heat???

Offline JonW

« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2018, 03:14:47 pm »
Scott I have some rock I'm gonna bring for you to beat on. After the OJAM campout this past weekend I think I am heat tempered pretty well.

Stringman

« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2018, 03:22:52 pm »
Sweet! Bring your tools this time and knock something out.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2018, 06:05:10 pm »
just a month away guys... you need to all start running up and down the road in the hottest part of the day to get prepared.   (-S

Ummm, nah...  ::)
I'm up in Denver. Not hot and some micro- breweries, small batch distilleries and the Coors plant all within short driving distance.  ;D
See ya'll in a month.  :OK

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2018, 11:33:39 pm »

Ummm, nah...  ::)
I'm up in Denver. Not hot and some micro- breweries, small batch distilleries and the Coors plant all within short driving distance.  ;D
See ya'll in a month.  :OK

Stay hydrated my friend! Remember if you want a cold one it has to have blue mountains!

I think working out in the heat on everyones AC systems has me about ready for mojam.  Weather man said that today want going to have a heat advisory.  It didn't,  only got to 94 and the heat index was 103, I thought it was pretty nice out! Definitely cooler that the last 5 days of heat indexes of 110 to 113. So I think I'm ready! Cant wait,  bows are piling up around here!

Scott,  I would love to break a little rock with you this year if you wouldn't mind?

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2018, 12:19:30 am »
Paul,
How long are you up here?  I'm just up the road (I25) in Loveland.  We got some real good breweries here, too!  Sent a pm.
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2018, 04:41:33 am »
Hi of 67 here by the big lake today. I'm thinking I'd melt at mojam low 50's overnight
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline feathersnwood

« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2018, 05:11:28 am »
Oh ya bj rub it in !! Told Sheryl we need to move up there but she hates the cold ! I always said I liked the changing of the seasons in Kansas but only have two anymore winter and summer .
Come on down to mojam it will be fun going to be a good one !!
Almost sounds like there will be more people breaking rocks than making bows😃.
lets get back to the basics

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2018, 06:44:53 am »
Andy I really would love to but that's right about our wheat harvest time and also when my cousin comes back home from California. I'm really thinking that get together you guys have in March. Forget the name right now. I was planning for it this past March but my grandson had his Cub Scout pine derby race. I just couldn't miss it. Hopefully next year.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2018, 10:50:35 am »
We got 2 seasons out here too, winter and August, but we ain't real sure about August!  This is a bit of a different year, though. 60-70 this week, 90s next week.  The 600-800 mile jaunts sort of hinder making it to many new events, especially when they conflict with established schedules and traditions,
Not to mention things like harvest time.
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2018, 10:04:33 am »
It's going to be here before I now it. We are nailing down a rental car and checking out the tent this weekend. Hoping to arrive on Sunday or Monday. Someone save a shade tree for me will ya? ;)

I spoke to a few people this last week at the Compton Trad Shoot that said that have a blast at MOJAM so we are getting more and more excited. Cahl usually doesn't show any outward excitement about things but he has been working on his stave more than usual this week. I dare say he's ready for you all.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.