Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 146876 times)

Offline Bob Barnes

Re: MoJam?
« Reply #210 on: June 28, 2018, 07:49:24 am »
Jon...you made me want to take a nap... :)  I do need to get started on the auction kids arrows today... I haven't even thought about a flight bow, other than the bows I already have.  I do have a couple of hunting bows drying after snakeskin/sinew backing.  They still need tillered but we can do that at MoJam.   :OK
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline JonW

« Reply #211 on: June 28, 2018, 08:34:23 am »
Ed I need to make some points for arras. Hope to have something put together in time.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #212 on: June 28, 2018, 10:00:45 am »
PM sent Jon.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #213 on: June 28, 2018, 10:52:26 am »
Been busy here but I have been finishing up a couple items for the auction table.

Offline Patches

« Reply #214 on: June 28, 2018, 12:23:04 pm »
"Officially" starts three weeks from today!  Unofficially it starts two weeks from Saturday  :)

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline little bear

« Reply #215 on: June 28, 2018, 07:48:56 pm »
Since everyone is getting some bows ready to bring, I guess we will start making some drinks to bring.  You all know I am there for the fun and entertainment that I never build anything. 

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #216 on: June 28, 2018, 09:47:05 pm »
And it's ok to feed the bear.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #217 on: June 29, 2018, 09:26:34 am »
maybe I should bring the "bear" some apple pie (ale)...  (lol)

I'm working on the auction kids arrows... but really need to get some tillering done... or let some of the tillering gurus have a go at that while there...  :BB

Offline gifford

« Reply #218 on: June 29, 2018, 09:38:02 am »
Bob - I've got several bows in that category - " Let the tillering gurus have a crack at it".

Hmm, Got a couple things for the auction myself. There's likely to be a bunch of good stuff in the auction.

Ginger beer is about all I'm bringing for refreshments, I'll bet the water is the primary hydration choice during daylight hours.

We've had the 'strawberry moon' so the countdown has commenced. Loading practice commences soon.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #219 on: June 29, 2018, 10:48:01 am »
Giff,
You're right water in daylight, lots of it, adult beverages at night!  The MOJAM ale is bubbling quite merrily, should be ready to bottle Monday or Tuesday!  What are the guidelines for the auction table items?  I'm not real good at comprehending fast moving speech from auctioneers, we usually have a slower fun pace to get everybody involved as we raise money for the wolfhound club.  Works pretty good for us.  I'm going to have to get loaded and mostly ready by Friday, 13 Jul, I'm judging earthdorgs on Sat, and have a black powder shoot on Sunday, plan to head out somewhat early on Monday, it's a 2 day haul from here at my age.  Hope to get there Tuesday afternoon.  Gettin' antsy!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2018, 02:48:24 pm »
You will have no problem navigating this auction. If the auctioneer is hard to understand or follow ot definitly not because hes to fast.  >:D
Any and about all items are accepted flr the auction. Common donations are bows, arrows, moonshine, jellies, jams, blankets, knappednpoints, staves, handmade items, baked goods, (talking to you paul  8) ) , coolers have been a big success as well, but they tend to get pricey quick.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2018, 03:26:19 pm »
If anyone needs advice or help of any kind as far as the auction is concerned... just ask Lennie.  :)  It is one of the best parts of the week.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #222 on: June 29, 2018, 04:35:17 pm »
. . . . coolers have been a big success as well, but they tend to get pricey quick.

Hehehe!

This idea may be useful to some. Here's way to keep rain water from accumulating on the roof of your popup canopy. Pool noodles in the corners!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #223 on: June 29, 2018, 06:15:28 pm »
Yep did that on a soft top on my UTV.  Works good
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline mobow

« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2018, 08:25:03 pm »
Careful Dave, the auctioneer has also been known to award things to a person even if they didn’t know they were bidding😎