Author Topic: MoJam?  (Read 143966 times)

Offline PaulN/KS

Re: MoJam?
« Reply #225 on: June 29, 2018, 09:41:30 pm »
You will have no problem navigating this auction. If the auctioneer is hard to understand or follow ot definitly not because hes to fast.  >:D
Any and about all items are accepted flr the auction. Common donations are bows, arrows, moonshine, jellies, jams, blankets, knappednpoints, staves, handmade items, baked goods, (talking to you paul  8) ) , coolers have been a big success as well, but they tend to get pricey quick.

The "baked good" referenced may not keep well till the auction Dave. ( The heat and humidity  :( )
Wife says she'll do her best tho...

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #226 on: June 29, 2018, 11:28:55 pm »
Best to keep an eye on the auctioneer, then! And a poker face!  Might be able to get a redwood box together by then!  Maybe a loaf  of home made sourdough bread?  Or a 6 pack  of MOJAM ale?  Will be looking to get advice on staves, layout, tillering,  Flintknapping, arrow making, etc!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #227 on: June 30, 2018, 08:25:36 am »
Hawk,  no worries about the auction, im sure you won't have any trouble keeping up.  Just watch your gatoraid bottle at the auction.  Some how mine last year ended up full of apple pie.  Though not complaining about the pie, but I was pretty thirsty when I downed about half the bottle with one shot. 

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Mad Max

« Reply #228 on: June 30, 2018, 12:42:06 pm »
 I thought that was normal for you Pat :P

Can't wait   :BB
I would rather fail trying to do something above my means, Than to succeed at something beneath my means.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #229 on: June 30, 2018, 02:16:31 pm »
Hahaha keith. Its mass confusion all around and i wouldn't have it any other way. Mojam is so close now i can almost feel the cold breeze coming down mojam alley and see the sight of loyd and the children cooling off from the spray of the firetruck!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2018, 07:05:52 pm »
I thought that was normal for you Pat :P

Can't wait   :BB

Thanks buddy!
Yeah,  last year I was a little bit of a lush.  Had a lot going on,  hopefully this year I'll just have a few for fun. 
If I remember right you bought the pie on the auction!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2018, 07:07:11 pm »
Hahaha keith. Its mass confusion all around and i wouldn't have it any other way. Mojam is so close now i can almost feel the cold breeze coming down mojam alley and see the sight of loyd and the children cooling off from the spray of the firetruck!

Thats one of my favorite pictures from mojam last year!

Patrick

Offline Mad Max

« Reply #232 on: July 01, 2018, 06:54:42 pm »
Yea Pat
and I'am bring back the empty Jug to get a refill. :) ;) :OK
I would rather fail trying to do something above my means, Than to succeed at something beneath my means.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #233 on: July 02, 2018, 12:09:26 am »
Paul,
May have to post the "pie certificate" to be picked up at the cooler!  Will send a pm re: travel plans.

Patrick,
Sounds almost like an extra "jug" of something maybe in order!  Will probablbly bottle the MOJAm ale
Tuesday.  It'll be conditioned 2 weeks, just hope it doesn't jump out of the bottle!
Hawdancer
Jerry

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #234 on: July 02, 2018, 06:43:37 am »
Paul,
May have to post the "pie certificate" to be picked up at the cooler!  Will send a pm re: travel plans.

Patrick,
Sounds almost like an extra "jug" of something maybe in order!  Will probablbly bottle the MOJAm ale
Tuesday.  It'll be conditioned 2 weeks, just hope it doesn't jump out of the bottle!
Hawdancer

Hawk,  an extra jug of something is always a good thing. 

Just under 2 weeks for me guys! Got some stuff to finish up,  just hope I get it all done.
Getting antsy, I'm already on mojam time!

Patrick

Offline Patches

« Reply #235 on: July 02, 2018, 09:12:28 am »

Getting antsy, I'm already on mojam time!

Patrick
[/quote]

Right there with you brother!  Its getting harder to concentrate on work the closer it gets.  Projects keep getting added at work too.  I was going to take off next week to get ready for MoJam, but now will be working right up till MoJam starts.  I am looking forward to relaxing and visiting with everybody. 

I am working on a few extra jugs of refreshments to bring too.  Hopefully we will have enough! 

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #236 on: July 02, 2018, 05:06:39 pm »
The tent passed its pre trip inspection today. The boy and I got it set up in record time. We have gotten a little spoiled camping in the trailer. I’m used to having everything we need already packed so we are making lists of lists to make.

Dave- Cahl asked if you were working on your chess skills.

Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline Soggydog

« Reply #237 on: July 02, 2018, 07:57:02 pm »
As somebody who's never actually seen a semi-professionally made bow before, you could say that I'm rather excited to get down to MoJam. (Still trying to deal with getting this hickory bow done in this heat and humidity, but hopefully I'll get it done in these next couple of weeks.) Is there anything in particular I need to bring? Obviously the bow, tools, and camping gear should come along but I'm debating whether or not to bring a couple of Osage logs I cut back in the winter with me. Also, is there anything I need to do beforehand as far as registration is concerned?

Thanks,

Shane

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #238 on: July 02, 2018, 08:24:32 pm »
soggydog- bring the osage if you want to work on it...there will be plenty of help there.  No registration needed...just sign the guest book when you can and put a stick pin in the map showing where home is... :)
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #239 on: July 02, 2018, 11:23:50 pm »
Soggy dog,
See Patrick's comment above, re: extra jug >:D!

CJ,
Chess skills!?  (lol)  >:D >:D >:D (lol).   Hope we all gain some new skills while we're there!
Hawkdancer
Jerry