Author Topic: 2018 Supply Trade sign up  (Read 26527 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: 2018 Supply Trade sign up
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2018, 11:29:08 am »
Pat,
Heck, I'm stressed enough chasing bend on hickory! :BB (SH) >:D >:D!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2018, 08:59:50 pm »
Got my supply trade today from Bjrogg

5-Red Osier Shoots
1-bundle of Indian Dogbain
1-deer antler
1-deer leg bone
5-oak slabs
5-blak walnut w/ sap wood slabs
1-deer back sinew
1-bag of goose primary's

Cant wait to make some arrows out of those red osier shafts, and will have to use the goose primary's and back sinew to finish those arrows off. I have a idea for the dogbain. The planks, antler, and leg bone will also come in handy. Thanks Bjrogg I really like the package.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2018, 09:20:29 pm »
I'm glad you like it Paul. I really didn't want to send you the same thing you just sent and it took me awhile to figure out what to send you. I hope you find a good use for everything especially the dogbane. It's really pretty simple to make into fiber and string.
Really enjoyed the supply trade Clint thanks for putting it on. You run a tight ship. Everyone involved really stepped  up to.
Bjrogg 
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2018, 09:32:13 pm »
There have been some great packages this year.  Everyone has stepped up.  I think we are waiting on 1 person to receive their package and this trade will be wrapped up. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2018, 06:57:53 am »
Very nice goody bag, gut.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2018, 04:52:51 pm »
I woke up this afternoon to a package waiting on me. Inside was a beautiful yew stave. Thanks a bunch Ryan. I hope I can due justice to it when it comes time to make it bend.

Kyle

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2018, 04:55:23 pm »
Wow!  Another primo yew stave.  That should wrap up the trade this year.  Wizard Goat received his package but I don't know if he was able to pick it up yet.  Thanks for another great trade guys.  We will have to do it again next year.

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2018, 10:23:22 am »
I hope that stave serves you well Kyle, there’s any kind of bow waiting in there.
My parents picked up my package from the cabin and sent me slme pics
2 huge EDB skins, some nice sinew and black walnut scraps, and loads of very nice turkey feathers.
Thanks sir! And thanks Clint for heading this swap again

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2018, 11:58:14 am »
Are we wrapped up? I believe so. Good work gents.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2018, 12:16:38 pm »
Yep.  Everyone has shipped and received.  It's very easy to run a trade when everyone does what they signed up for.   I don't know about you guys but I'm excited to start using some of the supplies that I received.  I think I will start with some wood arrows. 

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2018, 12:30:55 pm »
I'm starting with the stingray hide the Monee Man gave me. It will be the a grip on my next rig.

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2018, 12:44:36 pm »
It would be great to see pictures of some of the supplies in use. I'm pretty excited to finally have some otter fur to use for string silencers on my sinew backed Modoc style-ish bow, and to start my first takedown.
Eric

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2018, 12:52:11 pm »
Otter fur is great for the job. Its a bit shorter knap and lighter than beava'.

Offline bronco611

• God ,country ,family, flintknapping
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2018, 09:22:51 pm »
probably going to start a few arrows first (SH), the stave ,i am going to take to a trad group weekend and built the bow there with people who have a lot of experience and all of the tools and advice I will need to keep from messing it up (--) (R. I will post pictures of items when I complete them. Thanks everyone for this trade thread and the opportunity to get some supplies that are not local here where I live. Thanks arrowbuster and the hickory bark syrup you sent is excellent, the wife and I used half of it on pancakes and I plan to make drop biscuits in my dutch oven on my next camping trip (=) and use the rest then.
FLINTKNAPPING IS EASY...I WAS ALWAYS TOLD I COULD BREAK AN ANVIL WITH A POWDER PUFF.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2018, 06:41:48 am »
If anybody uses some of their stuff before I do, please start a thread. It would be fun to watch stuff get used throughout the year.