Author Topic: Beaver Quiver  (Read 6957 times)

Offline Aaron H

Re: Beaver Quiver
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 07:04:15 pm »
Very cool, nice display

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 09:46:06 am »
Forgot to mention...I like that last pick of a stone point.A clovis type look.Mainly because it looks to be very easily extracted from a regular type leather quiver.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline 1442

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 11:45:21 pm »
Really nice quiver, bow and arrows too.
Is that the reflection of a canoe in the glass window above the bow?

Offline Philipp A

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2018, 12:05:48 am »
@1442, thanks! Yes it is a cedar strip canoe. I will have to restore it a bit this summer, I would like to put it back into the water.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 09:24:20 pm »
Phillip,
Please keep us posted on the canoe project, at least by pm!  I have a cedar canoe that needs restoring as well.  It has been tentatively id'd as a B N Morris.that someone covered with fiberglass and epoxy.  I hope to be able to "skin" it with a heat gun, and seal it with varnish to preserve it, while restoring goes on?
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Stoner

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 06:32:40 pm »
Thank you for posting pictures of how you fastened the strap. Always struggle with that , stitch, rivet, tie. Great craftsmanship.

Just got another beaver & split the tail. Was thinking about making another willow hoop to stretch the hide. May reconsider now. John

Offline Philipp A

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2018, 06:47:29 pm »
No problem Stoner, I am looking forward to see the finished quiver if you will make one from your beaver hide. I think the key to making one is to glue sheep skin or other fur on the inside portion of the quiver and to reinforce the bottom (see materials in posting) to prevent arrow heads from perforating the bottom and to give the beaver stability and to make it quiet.

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2018, 10:27:40 am »
Love it! Awesome quiver and great display. I’m gonna play with making some heads like those, looks like a super efficient design. The tassels though, what’re they for? I put thumb hooks on my rifle slings but my quiver goes across my back and holds itself in position. Just curious
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline Philipp A

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 03:22:36 pm »
@Tracker0721,

Thanks for your comments, it is much appreciated. The tassels are really just for looks / decoration. This quiver also goes across my back and the beaver hide strap with the tassels goes across my chest. I used the lynx fur tails in lieu of the yarn tassels used in the Algonquin quiver I used as a model for my quiver (dimensions etc.) I thought the lynx tails looked prettier than the yarn tassels. The same is true for the folded lynx fur on top. It is very fluffy fur and prevents any rattle from the arrows in the quiver. They are in there rock solid whether you fill the quiver or not