Author Topic: Tanning bear paws on progress pictures  (Read 10659 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Tanning bear paws on progress pictures
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2018, 05:33:00 pm »
Well said BJ.The thing is the way I see it those tanneries once they get their overhead paid for and doing hides in massive numbers they got the advantage then.That was quite a task for anyone out there BJ.Don't doubt that a bit.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Zuma

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2018, 09:30:14 pm »
Haven't been here for a while so I won't go much further to fatten your ego.
See Mahogany point in Flintknapping, That bruin is fantastic, oops! >:D
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2018, 06:00:25 am »
Thanks Ed and thanks for the encouragement along the way. I really underestimated th e time this one was going to take.
Zuma your making me blush again. Thanks my friend maybe some day I'll get to show you how good I am at fishing to.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Zuma

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2018, 12:12:02 pm »
 :)"Come on down" or how about a goose hunt?
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2018, 06:03:46 am »
I'm going to have to try take you up on the fishing some day Zuma. I've got all the geese I can handle outside my door. Your sure welcome to come thin them out some time if you'd like. My brother hunts them with his buddy. His buddy is a outfitter for deer and goose hunts. He always wants my brother to come help him so the shooters who don't shoot so well see birds fall out of the sky and claim them as theirs.lol. Took my brother awhile to figure out why he always wanted him to tag along. They have about three or four seasons here. I'll try let you know when and how much$. I'm amazed what some of these die hard goose hunters will sit through. We have a season in winter and I've seen them sit in my field from dark till late afternoon. Temps hanging around zero. Those guys don't need anyone to drop birds for them. They had a big crew and filled up a pickup load of birds. I'm thinking youd  probably rather do one of the early fall late summer hunts. Could be wrong though maybe you'd like the winter one. (S)
Bjrogg

Offline JEB

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2018, 10:48:02 am »
Nice job Brian.  That bear looks to be a good size one. I am still going to seek out a tanning company to do mine and my sons.  He doesn't want the hide so that will give me two hides to make a few things with.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2018, 12:01:26 pm »
Thanks Jeb. Yes I would say unless you really like doing this kinda stuff I'd recommend sending it out to. I learned a lot and am sure I could do a bit better on the next one but that's not going to be till next winter. By then I'll forget how much work it was.lol
Bjrogg