Author Topic: Elm Hall 2018  (Read 33491 times)

Offline JonW

Re: Elm Hall 2018
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2018, 08:42:33 am »
Just because Mike has Carol with him doesn't mean he gets a free pass on ribbing. I lost many hours because he couldn't make it to Mojam.  ;D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2018, 09:26:48 am »
I got him good last night, Jon. Greg's grandson was asking Mike to go shoot, I said, "Hey Nater tater, you going shooting with grandpa Mike?". Even Carol gave a grin :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2018, 10:44:46 am »
...so when do the pics start coming in?  ???
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2018, 02:06:50 pm »
...so when do the pics start coming in?  ???
Yeah Kim and I could use some pictures.   (=)
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2018, 06:42:29 pm »
So sad that Cahl and I can’t make it this year but maybe next year we can come join in the fun.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2018, 08:30:21 am »
Heading out. Thinking it's going to work for me to stay the whole weekend.😊
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2018, 03:51:11 pm »
Made it to Elm Hall. Decided I'd set my tent up before dark. Good thing cause my tent poles weren't in the bag. Well I guess that's what Wally World is for. Picked up another one just like my other one. Except it's got poles. Just got it set up and my wife called. Said I got a package from Dbar. I think she's almost as excited as I am. Sure wish both you and those 4 Tigers were here Dbar.
Thanks buddy, almost want to go back home and see em, but I think I'm going to stay here awhile anyway.
Bjrogg

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2018, 05:18:10 pm »
BJ,
Hang in there as long as possible it's a great time shooting down by the river.  Say hi to everyone for Kim and I. 

Till next time,
DBar

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2018, 11:47:53 am »
Well Bill, I managed to stick it out till Sunday. Just got home. Had I great time. Missed you and Pearl but I know you've both got more important concerns right now. I just brought in my cooler to unload and headed to the shower. Haven't even gotten to look at those 4 Tigers yet. Took a few pictures. Will post them when I can.
Bjrogg

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2018, 06:20:06 pm »
glad you stuck it out  BJ...I bet you had a good time and eat well...……………:)
DBar

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2018, 07:15:19 pm »
Well I got home safe and sound. Great time as usual. I was up there from Friday night till Sunday morning so it was a short call for me. Some of the normal suspects in our camp we're not able to attend for much better reasons but the rest of us thought of you guys a lot and sure missed your presence. So I'll try to make a short story short, pulled in Friday night about 8:30 quickly set up my tent and even quicker grabbing a cold beer. Greg AKA badly bent /AKA MIA came over and I was showing some of the stuff I recently worked on. back in Marshall Clint had given me an ugly piece of Osage with some family history. I worked at thing over 10 ways from Sunday and ended up with the Hickory backed Osage bow that I posted not too long ago. I've been shooting this bow a lot and really liked it. To be quite honest it was the fastest bow I ever made. anyway I String it up and hand it to Greg and say "check it out this is the fastest bow i ever made". He pulls it back in about 24 in and it explodes. I'll bet I had at least 500 arrows threw it in the last month. Don't really understand it but anything happens. I'm just mad there wasn't at least another 10 people stand around to witness it. Would have been a great Campfire story. That's the after math in the first picture. The second few pictures are BJ thinking it's a good idea to shoot the deer across the river without the kids there to retrieve. And then the next picture is him realizing his boots are about 1 inch too short. Unfortunately this is all the pictures I took but always have a lot of great memories

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2018, 07:33:50 pm »
That was for Bill. I know how much he wanted to shoot that deer across the river. I also know how much Paul wanted me to fall on my butt crossing it to retrieve my arrow.lol. That's why he had his camera ready for that shot.
Bjrogg
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 05:24:22 am by bjrogg »

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2018, 05:23:27 am »
I got there Friday afternoon. Ryan R, his daughter Lacey, Greg, Sharon and Nate were at the campsite. I visited with them for awhile then decided to pitch my tent. That's when I found out my tent poles where missing. I made a quick trip to Alma with Sharon. Got a new tent that did have poles. Got back and pitched my new tent.
  I think that was about the time Greg asked if anyone wanted venison steaks. All hands went up and Greg started to slowly cook them over the campfire. I had some potatos, onions, zucchini, carrots and broccoli my wife had sliced up seasoned, buttered and wrapped in tin foil. I cooked them up over my grill. We ate till all we're full, but there was still a couple steaks and a few potatoes left.
    Ryan asked if I'd like to shoot the course with him and Lacey. I said sure and off we went to shoot the east course. It was a beautiful course. Targets were set up in very realistic Hunting shots. About 8 targets in we caught up to Cindy, Bruce, Steve and their tribe. By the time we finished the last few targets were getting  a bit hard to see and the arrows ever harder. When we got back to Camp Paulsemp was there. All smiles as usual. He proudly showed us what was the fastest bow he ever made. It was a beauty. To bad it was in two pieces. With a even bigger smile on his face he told us the whole story. Them really fast ones are living on the edge Paul. Kinda like race cars, once and awhile they blow up.
We all sat around the campfire telling stories, laughing enjoying each other's company and the fire. We all turned in kinda late. That was the end of day one for me.
Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2018, 05:31:08 am »
Saturday morning I was up kind early. I made my contribution to the porta John then snapped a few pictures of a sleepy campground.
Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2018, 05:35:17 am »
About that time Paul emerged from his one man popup. He asked if I wanted to shoot the course and off we went to the west course. We stopped at the office and got some coffee. Again it was a beauty of a course.