Author Topic: Elm Hall 2018  (Read 33466 times)

Offline Dvshunter

Re: Elm Hall 2018
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2018, 06:31:14 pm »
You guys look like you had a blast! Thanks for picking on mike for me.
Paul i had almost the same thing happen to me at mojam a few years ago. I was letting someone shoot a selfbow of mine and it blew on his second shot. We got a picture somewhere. Perfect timing. I felt so bad! I had shot that bow  for three days prior all night long. Sometimes they just give up! I cant wait to see the mikes new bow.

Thanks for putting up all the pics. Its almost like im there!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline RyanR

« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2018, 07:35:58 pm »
Well this shoot went by way too fast. I had a real good time visiting with everybody and shooting the courses. These 3d courses are some of the best I have shot with lots of challenging shots and great targets. I think my daughter has got hooked on 3d shooting. She drug me around the courses a good part of the day Saturday. She even gave me a run for my money on a few of the targets.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2018, 02:58:22 am »
It was really nice shooting with Lacey and you Ryan. You were good camping buddies to. Lacey is going to be giving you some stiff competition in the very near future. That's just so great to see.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2018, 05:57:10 am »
Great picture guys, thanks for sharing. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2018, 06:02:03 am »
After Shooting the course Paul, Knoll and I shoot the money bear. It a bear target with money attached to it. It's about a 85 yard shot. Knoll and I were both very impressed by how flat Paul's bow shot. None us hit the bear, but I think we might have scared him a little.
     By now it was getting uncomfortably warm. We went back to camp and played chase the shade with our chairs. Well I used my bucket having forgot my chair. Carol told us some really good Knoll stories as he tried to remember what their wedding date was. After a couple engineering guesses he got the right Month which actually seemed to surprise Carol.  Knoll tide some nock points on his bow string and took it to the practice range. We looked over the silent auction items.
     Soon it was time for the feast. We got in line and had some sweet corn while we waited. After awhile we decided to just wait in the shade. The sun was getting uncomfortable. I'm sure Pearl wouldn't have liked it just like me. While we were sitting there Matt W approached us and asked if we would participate in the 21 arrow salute. We got our bows.
    Now the line was moving along and soon we all had our bellies full. Not that they ever got empty. They presented jeb a award. I'm sorry I couldn't really hear but I know it was for his service. Then they started the raffle, silent auction and door prizes. About half way through they did the 21 arrows salute. We were arranged in three rows of seven archers. On command we let our 21 whistling arrows sail high over the flag. Then one lone archer shot a silent one. It was nice thought and gesture.
     Then more door prizes and finally the raffle bows. The first bow ticket drawn was mine for Paulsemp's HHB. I was very happy. Next was Mark from Marshall. I don't know his last name, but if you've been to Marshall you know him. That made all of us happy. Mark lost everything in a fire so it couldn't have gone to a better home. I believe it was a lady that got RyanR's which was the prettiest of the group. I'm sure it got the most tickets.
       Then it was back to camp. We told and listened to lots of good hunting stories. Some stories from our younger days that can't be repeated and just enjoyed each other's company. I think everyone was a bit tired out from the heat and everyone had a busy day ahead. We broke up the party just a little earlier but the quality of time was great.
That was the end of Saturday
Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2018, 06:10:38 am »
Pappy it was good to see you. Sorry didn't get more time together. Looks like retirement is being good to you. Might have to change your quote to "Retired Life Is Good "lol. It's all good glad you made it home safe.
Bjrogg

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2018, 11:31:59 am »
Thanks for the paly by play buddy. I know exactly what it was like now, even the heat. Denny always comes up with something interesting to do with arrows, the 21 arrow salute was his idea this year Id bet. Did he have long hair and a kilt?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2018, 12:20:31 pm »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2018, 12:40:26 pm »
Yep drummer boy your eyes are wide open.
Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2018, 04:05:13 am »
Sunday morning everyone was up early. Paul wanted to go see Pearl before he had to leave home. I really wanted to go to but felt these two close friends needed some time. It didn't take Paul long to pack. He was traveling light. Ryan and I watched him drive away already missing him. Then Ryan an Lacey packed up to. I watched another good friend drive away. Greg was making coffee and didn't ask if I wanted a cup, he just poured me one. Next thing I had a nice breakfast plate setting in my lap. Greg and Sharon are really great camping buddies and I really like visiting with both of them. We visited for a hour or two and I decided to pack up before it got to hot. Said good bye to Bruce,Cindy and their tribe and the rest is just a ride home through the country.

Thanks to everyone that helped put this shoot on. It really is a fantastic course. It really puts you in the hunting mode.
Thanks Greg, Sharon, Ryan, Lacey, Paul, Knoll and Carol for the great company.
See you soon,but not soon enough
Bjrogg

Offline PNewton

« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2018, 06:03:15 am »
Great pictures and stories. Thanks everyone.
Bummed I couldn't make it this year.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2018, 07:06:09 am »
Did Greg and Sharon bring their dog?  Is he still afraid of being outside?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2018, 08:48:37 am »
Yes, Dusty boy was there. He seemed a lot more comfy than he was this spring, but still a few kinks to work out.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2018, 10:42:15 am »
Great pictures and stories. Thanks everyone.
Bummed I couldn't make it this year.

We were wondering if you'd make it Paul. Wish you could have made it to. Know how you feel though. Can't make it to everything. Nice to get to something though
Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2018, 10:58:21 am »
Did Greg and Sharon bring their dog?  Is he still afraid of being outside?

Yes Clint, Sharon is pretty determined to get that dog comfortable camping. She said by Marshall he was going to be good or they'd have a different dog. She said " I didn't say we'd get rid of Dusty, but we'd have a different dog" if anyone can put that dog at ease it's going to be Sharon.
Bjrogg