Author Topic: five yards difference  (Read 6570 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: five yards difference
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2018, 08:21:06 am »
Jeff one of the things my buddy and I do is a old basketball practice game we always called pig or horse. One of us will start, shoot from any spot and position the other has to do the same or they get a letter. You probably know the game. It translates good to practicing for hunting. Another is take a nerf ball and kick it or throw it around and shoot at it wherever it lands. I agree on the aim small miss small to. My eyes have never been good, but fortunately my glasses help. Last night a was practicing from my new ladder stand. I was shooting at my old worn out target. I really couldn't even see any spots on it and some Rye was growing in front of it. At first I was just aiming for where I thought the center of target was. I was doing ok and hitting the target. Then I started concentrating or one head of Rye. It was amazing how tight my group got. I hit that head of Rye almost every shot.
Having said all that I still have a sweet spot. It's about 9 yards and it's almost automatic with any bow I pick up.
Good Luck and try to keep it fun.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline jeffp51

Re: five yards difference
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2018, 03:16:05 pm »
I tried a game with myself the other day.  I started at about 7 yards with one arrow.  if I hit in the six inch ring, I backed up about three yards and shot again.  if I hit that I backed up again.  If I missed, I had to step up to the previous distance.  I wanted to see how many shots it took me to get back to 20 yards.  It got dark before I made it, but it was still fun, and I think a good exercise.