Author Topic: Arkansas State Longbow/Selfbow Championship Sept. 1-2, 2018  (Read 21171 times)

Offline Bob Barnes

Re: Arkansas State Longbow/Selfbow Championship Sept. 1-2, 2018
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2018, 11:20:32 am »
So Bob....How was the shoot?

It was great, as always.  It's nice having free electricity, bathrooms, and showers.  I also found out that the state gun range, which is only a couple of miles from our range, has just completed a $100,000 3D shooting range that also free.  I went one day with Kenny Cartwright and shot.  There's a cool raised platform where you are looking down at 8 different targets from about 15 feet...including a huge moose at about 40 yards.  It was a blast to shoot.  Our little flight shoot got about a dozen shooters and we had 2 over shoot over 200 yards, 3 make it into the 190s.  There were staves for sale and several of us working on bows...so all of the fun things.  :)  I did get to see one of Arvin's 'new' pyramid bows...it was 70" and over 2" wide with his deep cut shelf.  I'm thinking about what I'll build for our next flight shoot at MoJam... :)
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2018, 07:19:45 am »
Cool.Sounds great!!Those prices are right up my alley to have a good time.I like those raised platform shots too.The cost of those targets always amazes me.It must be a heck of a good club there.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2018, 07:00:18 pm »
Looks and sounds like a great time.  Wish I was available for this shoot.  Looks like I need to get it on my bucket list for next year!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2018, 07:24:35 pm »
that's the plan!  NoNose says we are going to do some major bow building next year... I'm sure that everyone at MoJam will hear all about it and be expected to attend next year.  :)

Ed...we do think alike... :)
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2018, 09:42:37 am »
Cahl just read this thread over my shoulder. He asked if I could put it on our list for next year's possibilities. Looks like a good time!
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2018, 10:26:15 am »
That is one hellacious lay busy weekend already!  Got 2 local events,(50 mile radius), dove season opens, Bonneville flight Shoot,(600 miles west), now ArJam(900 miles east and south)!  Oh, also take Jacie out To dinner on Friday nights!  I'm going to have to fire up the molecular transporter to be able to make it out of town! >:D (lol)!  Sounds like a good time though!  Hope to see everyone at MoJam next year, though! 
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2018, 08:10:31 pm »
Yes the timing for this weekend is harder to make decisions  on than IBO and mojam. Oh well sometimes the dollar makes the decision. Sometime momma helps in the decision. Sometimes Kenny will challenge me. This is one I have been to and definitely like to attend. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!