Author Topic: New project  (Read 11099 times)

Offline Bone pile

Re: New project
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 11:38:13 am »
Well when I suggested a buffalo hunt I was thinking hundreds of buffalo ,lots of horsemen etc. By gosh you are on your way to a killer display. Let us have a peek from time to time.

Not Pat B
Venice Florida

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 01:51:47 pm »
Hey not Pat B, glad you gave me the idea. Let me see how one of each works out first.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2018, 09:52:20 pm »
I've done a little more work. The horse and rider are almost done with their basic shape, still have to dress and paint and add a few details. I got the basic bison shape. Will add legs then more details. Here are a few more pics...

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2018, 11:12:36 pm »
That's going to be really cool Pat. Thanks for the peek.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2018, 11:14:58 pm »
I think the correct  Lakota for bison is "Tetanka" but that isn't one of the languages I'm real familiar with!  Btw, the locale for the movie was shifted to the Lakota because the casting dept. could not find enough native Cheyenne speakers!  Minor point!  Too much culture being lost!
Pat,   How about a progress photo ( build along?) (lol)
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2018, 11:16:24 am »
Thanks BJ. More to come...
 Jerry, I'll investigate the Lakota so I can get the horseman's cloths and decorations right when that time comes. I like the word "Tetanka" and will use that as the title for this piece.
 I'll also try to document some of the processes for you I go through making these pieces.
 My wife does give me technical advice as to proportion, techniques and coloration. She's an artist and has been doing paper mache figures for many years. I appreciate all the input she gives and the results are the affects I'm looking for in these pieces.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2018, 12:36:27 pm »
OK, Jerry. Here is what the bison looked like a few days ago. Styrofoam eggs and balls with floral sticks attaching them. After shaping and covering with strips of news paper, tissue paper and diluted white glue the resulting figures emerged. The toilet paper roll stuffed with plastic grocery bags is what the horses body started out as. With tissue paper and white glue, along with floral wire for the legs is where it is now.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2018, 04:38:47 am »
That is looking good Pat. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Zuma

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 07:34:42 am »
I get the tongue, I get the tongue.  )P( (SH)
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2018, 08:07:36 am »
What about the hump?   ;)

Offline Zuma

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2018, 05:48:02 pm »

Perhaps if I were a bit younger >:D
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2018, 09:20:12 pm »
I put the legs on the bison today and will shape them and the hips tomorrow. When that dries I'll post pics. Will be ready for some detail work soon. It's shaping up pretty good.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2018, 10:22:34 pm »
Waugh!  The hump goes to the horseman to give to the widows and orphans in camp, or the pretty girl who he is courting's father!  Looking good, Pat!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2018, 07:02:42 am »
Still watching Pat. (-P
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2018, 08:45:27 pm »
I've got the bison looking like a bison. This is about how they will be set up on the final piece.  Will do a little more filling in on the legs then will add the fur and horns and the same for the horse and rider. .  Here's a few more pics...